Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Sharp looking and fun to drive
By Rob

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first import and so far I am very impressed with the style and ride of the titan. The small features like the tail gate, back compartment and large driver controled real window with the fantastic sound system are great touches. The speed of response with the engine is very good and it sounds great.

I love my moon roof and heated seats adn the power the titan displays.

For the tall person the seats could have lower settings and the environmentat controls could be easier to operate. Nothing to serious.

Fantastic Truck
By SuaSponte

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I shopped for a while and narrowed my full size crew cab truck choice down to a Ford F-150 Lariat or the Nissan Titan LE, both 4x4s. After a couple of test drives it was a no-brainer, the Nissan was far superior in all respects. The Ford seats were not comfortable, the Nissan's sound system and controls were much better; additionally, the navigation system in the Nissan was awesome and much better implemented. The Ford F-150's power was an also ran in comparison. Both trucks ride and handle very well for big rides, but the Nissan felt more stable in the mountain roads where I ride. Also love the spray in bedliner from the factory and the innovative bed management rail system, etc...

Navigation system, spray in bedliner, bed rail system, DVD Entertainment Center, well laid out controls, comfortable seats, over-sized center console, rear seats that fold up out of the way or the backs that fold down for extra storage. 12 volt electrical outlet in the bed, ext. storage compartment.

Fuel economy, I can dream can't I? I am a real automobile audiophile, so this may not be fair (most will think I am crazy), but better sub-woofer, speakers and better more powerful amplifiers. I am upgrading to Polk Audio speakers and Alpine digital amplifier. Actually, no real complaints - great!

bye bye chevy
By Bobby

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well I was a chevy man for all of my 30 years until I sat behind the wheel of my new titan. By far the fastest truck I have ever owned. I see alot of mpg complaints but what would you expect from 5.6 V8. I added Cold Air induction and a few other bolt ons exhaust etc.. and am getting 13 city and 16 hwy. The Rockford sound is incredible, and my kids love the DVD. I am still finding stuff on this truck that I didn't know was there

POWER,Audio,DVD,Very roomy,soft comfortable leather, heated seats, under seat storage, tons of compartments, bed system, I just love everything about this truck.

cooled seats, better intake system would improve factory mpg

Close to Perfect Truck
By LMH

2006 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Simply stated, the Titan towers above the others. I have never owned a Japanese car. I have driven Chevy and Ford trucks for decades. I qualify for the Ford A-plan, which would have made an F-150 thousands less. The Titan has more power, better fuel economy, more room, nicer styling, better comfort, and more functionality than all of the competition. My prior truck, an F-150 V-6, would average about 14 MPG regardless of where I drove. I just returned from a 500 mile weekend trip with plenty of foothills, stop-and-go, and freeway driving; 3/4 tank for the whole trip with 18.55 MPG... WOW! I did a lot of research before buying. I believe the Titan is the most well- tought-out truck ever built!

Fuel Economy; yes, fuel economy. Styling; I drive clients for selection sessions on a regular basis. The stylish insterior is professional enough for even my wealthiest client. Fuctionality; the gauges & components are very conveniently placed. Power; Corvettes & Mustangs look awesome in my mirrors!

Those who think they are getting 9 MPG have probably made a mathematical error or can't keep their foot out of the 305 horsepower. The others probably just haven't owned a full- sized 4x4 before. Truck mileage in the teens is very respectable. Compare the F-150 XLT trim to the Titan XE when pricing.

2006 king cab titan
By neil bradford

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I would like temperature in mirror, easier radio to understand, of course better mileage.

lots of power, fun to drive

just get temp in mirror i know where im going.