2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
I like it!
By Ron Parker on 02/21/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great fun to drive, leaving Hemi's in the dust! Corners like a sports coupe. Five speed transmission is perfect. Load or trailer doesn't even change anything. Lots of room inside.

Sold on this baby!
By NurseBuck on 02/19/06 03:47 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have always driven a new Chevy 1500 series 4x4 Z71 for the last 14 years. My mother is a GM retiree, so trading truck every year was a breeze...until the last 2 years. I decided to look at the Titan, since I had nothing to loose except money on another Chevy. I was very impressed with the look and feel of the Titan. It sounds very commanding and will throw you back in your seat when you give it the gas. It's one of the most comfortable cabins I have every ridden or driven in. The shorter front end makes cornering and tight curves very nice. If you drive this truck, you will want one for sure. Yes, the MPG is less but it's a real truck..not a car.

Great Truck
By bretp007 on 02/18/06 23:20 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I never have owned a truck before, but if you're looking at buying one, consider the Titan. Fun to drive, lots of power and nice to look at. One of the best trucks i've ever ridden in.

great truck
By jc Sandoval on 02/16/06 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

greast driving , handles a little stiff , comfort is great , driving is fun. price a little high

Nissan Built the Right Truck
By estrellazero on 02/15/06 15:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan's power is great and going 0 - 60 is just as fun as it is in a car. It rides smooth and handles like a car, and yet it's rugged enough to dig through a swamp or pull your 9500 lb. camping trailer. The interior and exterior are large and appealing. The Titan very practical as passenger, work, or playing vehicle!!

2006 LE CC 4X2
By Terry on 02/06/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this truck! It took me a long time to decide on whether to buy a Titan due to the quality issues in the past. All issues have supposedly been fixed and I have had no problems. Ride and interior noise are similar to new F150's. It's rather odd to hear a throaty exhaust note coming from an import truck but it does not become annoying. Auto dual climate control is a nice option albeit a little confusing at first. The power folding mirrors are great for tight parking spots. Overall I am extremely please with the vehicle.

Best In Class
By J-Dog on 02/03/06 12:26 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. The only complaint I have is of course the fuel economy, but it is par for all other full size trucks with a 8 cylinder motor. It has more than enough power, and the comfort is amazing. The standard motor is a top of the line upgrade for most truck makers. I used to be a diehard Dodge fan, but I couldn't go back to that after driving a Titan.

Whats up with the gearing ?
By TOM on 01/31/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is very comfortable, quiet cab, nice controls etc... but what really makes this truck disappointing is the GEARING. Nissan posts the truck has 379 ft/lbs of torque and the lowest gears you can get are 3.36:1 with the big tow package. The best fuel miles I've gotten are 16mpg on the highway. You cannot make this truck accelerate just because it has a 5-speed transmission. Go Drive a NEW Silverado with a 5.3L (smaller) engine w/ 3.73:1 gears, result - the Chevy will out pull, out accelerate this Nissan everyday of the week and twice on Sundays plus the Silverado gets 19- 20mpg on the highway because of its OVERDRIVE transmission. GEARING is EVERYTHING in a truck this heavy. GM wins.

Fantastic Truck
By Jim Jones on 01/28/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a boat that needed towing; before this, I have never purchased or wanted to purchase a truck. Now I am a proud and happy Titan owner. The powertrain and transmission are fantastic! The styling is the best out there!

Good so far
By PG on 01/23/06 22:25 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Hard to tell with only 700 miles, but I like it so far. Smooth running, plenty of power and roomy. I had a Nissan before this and at 147,000 miles it ran like new. I hope i have the same experience this time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.