Used 2006 Nissan Titan SE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Unreliable
By chuckles65

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 used in 2011 with 75K miles. Since then it needed new e-brake lines, front coils (broken), front disks, new exhaust (not surprising), hesitated when cold, and repairs for rear hub gaskets, ball joints, etc. to the tune of 7K in repairs. Rarely got better than 10 MPG around town. I put less that 20K on this in 3 years. Good looking, well laid-out truck, but not reliable.

Good looking. Sprayed-on bed liner. Bed attachment points. Dampened tailgate. Steering-wheel controls Power driver seat. Flip-up/Flip-down rear seats. Sliding rear window.

No truck should need this many repairs in so short a time.

Best Purchase Ever
By mjdevries

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at the titans ever since their debut in 04. We finally found a great price on an 06 SE KC 4x2. All around fantastic performer. Comfortable ride quality. though the stock drivetrain is excellent, I decided to add an intake, exhaust, headers, throttle body spacer, and programmer and WOW!!! My truck eats HEMIs for breakfast! everyone knows when I am coming down the street. This truck looks as great as it runs. I tow occasionally and it does it with no problems at all. It is like there is nothing behind me. We were so impressed with Nissan for this truck that we decided to purchase an 08 pathfinder as well. Now I don't have to fight my wife to drive my truck

The torque and ride quality. Power is amazing.

As always, fuel consumption... but what can you do, its a truck.

Great truck!
By Gary

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this from original owner in Jan. of '08 with 22k. It's got 37k on it and it's been a great ride so far. No squeaks, solid as a rock, FAST, handsome and just plain fun. I get 16 mpg in town and 18-19 on the road. It's my daily driver, handles small truck tasks (hauling stuff, etc.) and the king cab works great to take my wife and daughter on trips. I have step rails and a bed cap - highly recommended. Put your luggage in the back and you're off!

Looks, center console, rear sliding window (slides down, not side-to-side!), power on demand, aluminum wheels

Wiper control easy to hit by mistake, upholstery stains easily

Excellent
By MATTHEW

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall this has been a great truck. My only complaint is I have never been able to get the highway fuel economy stated on the window sticker. I was never expecting hybrid mileage but it would be nice to at least get what Nissan is claiming. I am one that trades autos very often but am thinking this will be one I will keep for some time.

Ride quality, handling, power, interior ergonomics.

Better fuel economy.

Love this truck
By LIONSNIS

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

just have to say thank you nissan for makeing a TRUCK, thats right a truck ahead of the rest . i get so many compliments on the truck it's great, can't wait to go somewere my wife needs something from the store you bet i say yes ill go for you honey thank you agin for The #1 truck made ... Have a great day

Everything is great most of all the bed .All the room it has

Just make them like you know ......