2006 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Not reliable
By john_jt on 07/10/13 20:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned this truck for 7 years and had many problems with it. There were also many recalls. Looks nice but not very tough. Nissan also did not help me out when needed. I was a Nissan owner for 20 years (Pathfinder & Exterra before the Titan) but because of Nissan not caring about my problems I have now switched to Toyota.

Depends.
By sucks on 12/11/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Got this car brand new from a dealer in 2006 here is a list of all problems i had exhaust leak at 32 km axle seal leak at 55 km breaks wore out every 12 to 15 km emergency breaks still doesn't works (dealer said it's normal) very weak to haul heavy loads! what i do like about it that it is comfortable inside for a longer trips. Interior design is very simple and easy. average on mixed driving maybe 13.5 mpg.

way cool
By super titan on 12/14/09 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this truck is totally way cool, and very strong.this truck will beat the socks off the new ford , chevy , dodge, and toyota.trucks yes the 2010 domestics, my truck has a d.f. 10 single chamber racing muffler and it can be heard a block away, and it increased h.p by 23 and tq, by 11 ft.lbs the paint is very clean, the workmanship of this truck is 2nd to none period.

Love and Hate
By Al P. on 11/04/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the truck in April 2006 and since then have had a love/hate relationship with it. The power, towing and off-road capability are what I admire the most about this '06 Titan. There's plenty of room in the cab with seats supportive enough not to tire me out on 300+ mile drives. The quality of materials used inside have a cheap look and feel. Great fosgate sound system. Here's what I dislike about the truck. Factory tires wore out after one season, all brake components worn out after 10000 miles, can't replace relay switches singly: have to replace entire integrated power distribution module, alternator burned out at 28000 miles, some stitching coming undone on bucket seat.

an excellent truck!
By driver1232 on 08/26/09 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

bought new. Been making me happy for years now. Comfortable, spacious, quiet on the inside. loads of power, great utility. I will buy another one without reservations. Best truck I've ever had.

Best Purchase Ever
By mjdevries on 02/24/09 18:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at the titans ever since their debut in 04. We finally found a great price on an 06 SE KC 4x2. All around fantastic performer. Comfortable ride quality. though the stock drivetrain is excellent, I decided to add an intake, exhaust, headers, throttle body spacer, and programmer and WOW!!! My truck eats HEMIs for breakfast! everyone knows when I am coming down the street. This truck looks as great as it runs. I tow occasionally and it does it with no problems at all. It is like there is nothing behind me. We were so impressed with Nissan for this truck that we decided to purchase an 08 pathfinder as well. Now I don't have to fight my wife to drive my truck

Still An Awesome Truck After 3 Years
By Allan on 01/19/09 05:24 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used the truck for a variety of purposes including towing a travel trailer, offroading, commuting at times, traveling long highway distances, hauling building materials, etc. I haven't had any problems other than two factory recalls. One for the wiring harness at the back doors and the other for an A/C related component. The truck responds flawlessly to all of my needs and above all it feels like a truck, not a living room on wheels. Exactly what I wanted in this type of vehicle. Handling is very good and stable but need to be cautious around sharp curves because of higher 4x4 centre of gravity. Poor gas mileage. Don't drive it every day & can live with higher gas consumption.

Great truck!
By Gary on 09/08/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this from original owner in Jan. of '08 with 22k. It's got 37k on it and it's been a great ride so far. No squeaks, solid as a rock, FAST, handsome and just plain fun. I get 16 mpg in town and 18-19 on the road. It's my daily driver, handles small truck tasks (hauling stuff, etc.) and the king cab works great to take my wife and daughter on trips. I have step rails and a bed cap - highly recommended. Put your luggage in the back and you're off!

3 year update
By Tiny on 08/11/08 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's coming up to 3 yrs since I bought my Titan. The cabin is very comfy, seats are soft, leg room all around is fantastic. Loads of power from the big V8, the truck is quiet with a decent sound system and has lots of fun toys like the bluetooth and an ipod connect. It rides very well for big a truck, easy over the bumps but feels very rugged at the same time. Definitely underrated in the truck segment. I just turned 50,000 miles with ZERO problems. I'm just now looking at purchasing new tires... GREAT TRUCK

Trucks Aren't Just For Boys
By candy miller on 06/02/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am a mom and grandma of 3 and always wanted a truck and finally got one and I am so happy with this truck. It is so roomy and 6 of us can fit into it very easily. The gas is pretty brutal though. And I have one of Nissan's tailgate extenders and once you lose one of the knobs they are irreplaceable, so whatever you do, don't lose one. This truck is so powerful and fun to drive and my sons love it too. My grandsons love the entertainment system. I love all the exterior chrome on the outside. You really feel like you're in a big, safe vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.