Used 2006 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Close to Perfect Truck
By LMH

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Simply stated, the Titan towers above the others. I have never owned a Japanese car. I have driven Chevy and Ford trucks for decades. I qualify for the Ford A-plan, which would have made an F-150 thousands less. The Titan has more power, better fuel economy, more room, nicer styling, better comfort, and more functionality than all of the competition. My prior truck, an F-150 V-6, would average about 14 MPG regardless of where I drove. I just returned from a 500 mile weekend trip with plenty of foothills, stop-and-go, and freeway driving; 3/4 tank for the whole trip with 18.55 MPG... WOW! I did a lot of research before buying. I believe the Titan is the most well- tought-out truck ever built!

Fuel Economy; yes, fuel economy. Styling; I drive clients for selection sessions on a regular basis. The stylish insterior is professional enough for even my wealthiest client. Fuctionality; the gauges & components are very conveniently placed. Power; Corvettes & Mustangs look awesome in my mirrors!

Those who think they are getting 9 MPG have probably made a mathematical error or can't keep their foot out of the 305 horsepower. The others probably just haven't owned a full- sized 4x4 before. Truck mileage in the teens is very respectable. Compare the F-150 XLT trim to the Titan XE when pricing.

Why I own a TITAN
By David P James

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

What really impressed me is the rear doors that open all the way to the back to the bed. Nissan seemed to have thought of everything to make this truck a big seller. I believe you have. Chevy and Ford, the quality just isn't there anymore, so I went with NISSAN the quality, the way it rides, the roominess inside, the exterior, this company couldn't have done anything better.

The backdoors,how the way they open,for full access. the easy access to the controls.

Great American Built Truck
By bruiserdog1

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was going to trade-in my 05 Mustang GT and buy a F150, but the dealership irritated me so I drove around the corner to Nissan. I didn't want to buy a foriegn truck, but I discovered that it is made here along with the V-8 engine, and the Ford is made in Canada. It can out-tow, accelerate, and brake all light duty trucks. The interior rivals that of my wife's Infiniti. The performance is outstanding, fit and finish is top notch. It has more passenger room than my old 2002 Navigator. Drive one and you too will buy one. I love this truck!!

Interior space, the navigation system (it is tied into most vehicle functions; like maintenance schedules, avg. speed & mpg, climate controls, etc..), engine performance, luxury appointments. The back seats actually being vinyl is a nice touch for those of us with dogs or use the back for storage.

I can't complain about gas mileage, it is a full size truck. I wish I could have kept the power folding mirror function with the tow mirrors.