2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Not reliable
By john_jt on 07/10/13 20:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned this truck for 7 years and had many problems with it. There were also many recalls. Looks nice but not very tough. Nissan also did not help me out when needed. I was a Nissan owner for 20 years (Pathfinder & Exterra before the Titan) but because of Nissan not caring about my problems I have now switched to Toyota.

MIXED Feelings??
By guyhazard on 05/31/12 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are things about this Truck I love and things I hate. The performance as far as road handeling and power are Great, this truck moves when you put your foot in it! stability steering all good even at high speed. Off Road is very poor, Handeling is rough, I have had to replace sway bar mounts 5 times the last time with a beefed up aftermarket kit and instead of the joints breaking the whole sway bar broke off. multiple broken u joints, you might think im beating this truck to death, this is simple offroad washbed driving not trail running, jumping crazieness like I used to do in my Silverado. Paint is completely faded in roof, hood and wheel wells and ive hand waxed it 4 times a year .

Rolling Thunder....
By titanloving on 02/12/12 05:31 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased a 2006 crew cab LE Titan. Never really liked the styling of the domestic trucks and the Toyota's pricing steered me away. Even on a used Tundra with 100k miles people are asking $20 grand!! Ridiculous. A new truck being out of our price range I looked high and low for a used truck with the options I wanted with low miles and price that wasn't bad. We found it!! My truck has less than 39K miles and is fully loaded and we paid less than $20k! The captains chairs, sound system and interior styling is awesome. Truck rides great and has a little growl too with only stock exhaust. Love the chrome all around, especially the bold front. Driving is true enjoyment

Depends.
By sucks on 12/11/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Got this car brand new from a dealer in 2006 here is a list of all problems i had exhaust leak at 32 km axle seal leak at 55 km breaks wore out every 12 to 15 km emergency breaks still doesn't works (dealer said it's normal) very weak to haul heavy loads! what i do like about it that it is comfortable inside for a longer trips. Interior design is very simple and easy. average on mixed driving maybe 13.5 mpg.

Awesome truck!
By Shawn on 04/09/10 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck! Yes the gas is an issue but the power that this monster has makes you forget that! I did have an issue with the radio but got it taken care of pretty cheap. This thing is huge. The parking sensors definitely come in Handy. My wife loves driving it too as you feel like King of the road, no one will cut you off ever!

way cool
By super titan on 12/14/09 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this truck is totally way cool, and very strong.this truck will beat the socks off the new ford , chevy , dodge, and toyota.trucks yes the 2010 domestics, my truck has a d.f. 10 single chamber racing muffler and it can be heard a block away, and it increased h.p by 23 and tq, by 11 ft.lbs the paint is very clean, the workmanship of this truck is 2nd to none period.

Love and Hate
By Al P. on 11/04/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the truck in April 2006 and since then have had a love/hate relationship with it. The power, towing and off-road capability are what I admire the most about this '06 Titan. There's plenty of room in the cab with seats supportive enough not to tire me out on 300+ mile drives. The quality of materials used inside have a cheap look and feel. Great fosgate sound system. Here's what I dislike about the truck. Factory tires wore out after one season, all brake components worn out after 10000 miles, can't replace relay switches singly: have to replace entire integrated power distribution module, alternator burned out at 28000 miles, some stitching coming undone on bucket seat.

Great truck
By Steve K on 10/19/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new in 2006, and have loved it ever since. Had to replace the front rotors and brakes under warranty, so I'll be watching that, but otherwise, no problems. We drive it every day, but have tried to keep the overall miles low. This vehicle does it all - SUV, car, truck all in one with TONS of power. Gas mileage isn't great, but isn't much worse than many smaller SUVS. Blows the Chevy's, Fords, and Toyota's away in every category.

My Titan
By Shane V on 08/30/09 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought an 06 LE Titan for my 17th birthday. It is one sweet truck. It came stock with the Rockford Fosgate system. I by far have the nicest truck of the school, and defenitly in the top 20 of this city. It has racing tires with 20's, and the heavy duty chrome package. I put some 40's flows on it, and my friends have nicked named the truck Screaming Demon. Gas just seems to be put on fast forward in it however. Its really hard crossing town or just cruising without someone wanting to race or feeling the need to rev their less superior engine.

an excellent truck!
By driver1232 on 08/26/09 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

bought new. Been making me happy for years now. Comfortable, spacious, quiet on the inside. loads of power, great utility. I will buy another one without reservations. Best truck I've ever had.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.