Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Unreliable
By chuckles65

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 used in 2011 with 75K miles. Since then it needed new e-brake lines, front coils (broken), front disks, new exhaust (not surprising), hesitated when cold, and repairs for rear hub gaskets, ball joints, etc. to the tune of 7K in repairs. Rarely got better than 10 MPG around town. I put less that 20K on this in 3 years. Good looking, well laid-out truck, but not reliable.

Good looking. Sprayed-on bed liner. Bed attachment points. Dampened tailgate. Steering-wheel controls Power driver seat. Flip-up/Flip-down rear seats. Sliding rear window.

No truck should need this many repairs in so short a time.

Not reliable
By john_jt

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned this truck for 7 years and had many problems with it. There were also many recalls. Looks nice but not very tough. Nissan also did not help me out when needed. I was a Nissan owner for 20 years (Pathfinder & Exterra before the Titan) but because of Nissan not caring about my problems I have now switched to Toyota.

Looks good.

Build a tougher more reliable truck! Take care of your loyal customers.

MIXED Feelings??
By guyhazard

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are things about this Truck I love and things I hate. The performance as far as road handeling and power are Great, this truck moves when you put your foot in it! stability steering all good even at high speed. Off Road is very poor, Handeling is rough, I have had to replace sway bar mounts 5 times the last time with a beefed up aftermarket kit and instead of the joints breaking the whole sway bar broke off. multiple broken u joints, you might think im beating this truck to death, this is simple offroad washbed driving not trail running, jumping crazieness like I used to do in my Silverado. Paint is completely faded in roof, hood and wheel wells and ive hand waxed it 4 times a year .

I love the Look of the Truck , Interior is amazing and very roomy , A/C blows insanely good and Cold even in the back seat, Drive train has been flawless so far mechanically sound and powerful .

This is a 4X4 truck I expect to be able to drive down a washbed without blowing a u-Bolt , or a sway bar end or have almost all of the skid plate bolts rattle out themselves, think the suspension and overall put construction quality of the truck should be rethough and payed a little more attention to.

Rolling Thunder....
By titanloving

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased a 2006 crew cab LE Titan. Never really liked the styling of the domestic trucks and the Toyota's pricing steered me away. Even on a used Tundra with 100k miles people are asking $20 grand!! Ridiculous. A new truck being out of our price range I looked high and low for a used truck with the options I wanted with low miles and price that wasn't bad. We found it!! My truck has less than 39K miles and is fully loaded and we paid less than $20k! The captains chairs, sound system and interior styling is awesome. Truck rides great and has a little growl too with only stock exhaust. Love the chrome all around, especially the bold front. Driving is true enjoyment

Body styling, large wheels, 4 full doors, leather interior, power rear window, sound system, center console and instrument display.

none

Depends.
By sucks

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Got this car brand new from a dealer in 2006 here is a list of all problems i had exhaust leak at 32 km axle seal leak at 55 km breaks wore out every 12 to 15 km emergency breaks still doesn't works (dealer said it's normal) very weak to haul heavy loads! what i do like about it that it is comfortable inside for a longer trips. Interior design is very simple and easy. average on mixed driving maybe 13.5 mpg.

cd changer, six passenger if needed.

better shocks and spring leafs, improve mpg!! and a bit stronger motor add hp!