2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: Transmission Problems @ 15,000

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

LE King Cab (5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Transmission Problems @ 15,000 miles
By Kim Isbell on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved the exterior styling which is why I bought it. However, while going 40 mph one day, my bug deflector broke off and scratched and dented my hood. I only had it 6 weeks so I assumed it was a manufacturer's defect. But the manufacturer said since mine was an isolated case I would have to pay for the repairs myself! (Shoddy installation I assume!) Then, at 15,000 miles my transmission started locking up. It was in the shop 3 weeks because they had to send away for diagnostic equiptment from the manufacturer just to figure out the problem. It turned out to be a computerized glitch. I've never experienced so many problems with a new vehicle with such few miles before.

I love the exterior styling of the Titan. Especially the chrome front end. I wish they had a different color blue because their's looks almost black. So, I went with the army green.

I don't like that I have to undo my seatbelt in order to open the door to the rear king cab seating. I should have gotten the crew cab. I also wish I had opted for the 4X4. Other than the mechanical problems I have mentioned earlier, I have been very happy with my truck.