2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: rattles and bad salesman

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

XE King Cab (5.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

rattles and bad salesman
By Mario on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck and am happy that I own it. But it would appear the quality of those who manufactured the vehicles was poor. Mechanically everything is sound. Though I have, on the inside, lots of clicks, rattles, poorly placed trim and many other complaints. Worse than that, my salesman was a snake in the grass. Not that I should have expected more from a car salesman, but he certainly threw a kink in the whole experience. It would be nice if the bed was a little longer, like 8 inches longer, but at 6'4 with the extra cab I can't really complain. Hauling a cord of wood is easy enough, but making it a 3/4 ton truck would've been nice. Know also that this truck dents very easily!

In my opinion, there is nothing that sets this truck apart from the others in it's class. I chose the titan because I could get the extra cab while keeping the price relatively low at the expense of features that really suck not to have. Nonetheless, it is a good truck at a good price.

Should be a 3/4 ton, and the bed needs to be 7 feet instead of 6'4. Things such as power locks/windows should be standard. Improving the manufacturing of the trucks is a necessity. Poorly produced interiors with rattles and clanks are upsetting in a brand new $26K truck.