2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: My Best Truck So Far

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

SE King Cab (5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

My Best Truck So Far
By Norm on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third truck to own and first Nissan after having a Ford and Chevy. I love the truck. The engine sounds a bit loud on accerations, but I quickly got used to it and no long notice it. Driving is a lot smoother than the Ford truck I test drove. The captain's chairs kind of wrap around you and are very comfortable on a long drive. City mileage is only 14 mpg, but it is a truck. The only problem I have had was with the brakes. I was expecting this after reading the other reviews. Nissan came thru, by "upgrading" the brakes and giving me a 3 year/36000 mile warranty on them. The Big Tow Package I got is a good option if you pull a trailer.

Very comfortable captain chairs. Good smooth ride even while pulling a trailer. Storage compartments (in and out). More standards than the other makes.

My main concern is the seating material. Will it hold up? I added nerf bars to take off some of the strain from sliding in and out on the seats. Needs better gas mileage.