Love my Titan!!!!
By gumby1995 on
2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
This is my 4th Nissan, first 1/2 ton truck. 2005 model, 117,000 miles. Easy to drive, great acceleration, very comfortable, has held up well on interior and exterior. Have had left rear differential start leaking - caught it before it turned into major problem. Tow hitch plug was faulty - losing contact-brake lights weren't working on trailer. Inexpensive fix. Have tow package - tow 2 horse aluminum trailer with ease (after installing larger transmission cooler). Engine was getting a little hot on steep inclines (hauling 2 horses and alot of gear) with factory one.
Favorite Features
Power and acceleration, ride comfort - feels like your in a nice SUV, tow capability good for its size, reliability, price at purchase point. Great looking exterior body style. Paint has held up well. Love the power assist tail gate - keeps it from slamming down on an arm. Tow Mirrors are great, power drivers seat nice. Love the overhead compartments. Nice big middle console. Really like the functionality of this truck!
Suggested Improvements
Although tow capability is good - would like to see Nissan increase it or offer a 3/4 or 1 ton. They were leading with tow capacity for 1/2 ton back in 2005 but no more. Find myself looking at larger models offered by Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. They need to deal with differential leakage issues. Put larger transmission coolers in them- I've read many owners have had to result to this. Gas mileage is deplorable. Get maybe 9 miles to gallon when towing, 16 to 18 when not. Would like to see some kind of step assist to get into bed. Nissan - make a bigger titan so I can remain a loyal customer!!!!!!!!!!!!