2005 Nissan Titan 5.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Good performer, bad gas mileage

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

Good performer, bad gas mileage
By Tony G on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck is fast and looks great. I get a lot of compliments on the styling and I really like the way the rear doors open all the way. When looking to buy a truck, it was either going to be a Toyota Tundra or a Nissan Titan - I didn't waste my time with the American truck-makers (poor reliability, interior quality, fit and finish). My main complaint is the gas mileage - it uses a lot. Don't get the Off-Road package if you do a lot of freeway driving - I hate the stiff Rancho Shocks. Also, the driver's seating area could be a little wider. I would recommend this truck over any full size option on the market.

Favorite Features

Power, Power, styling, Japanese roots, stout and bold, excellent build quality, finally a truck with style, not a GM product.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, wider driver's seat (no, I am not a large man), loose the usless cushion on the back of the middle bench-seat. When it is forlded down, you can't place anything on it (will reip or slide of). Do the tow mirrors have to be so big?