2005 Nissan Titan 5.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Disappointed

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Review

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Disappointed
By Don on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been bragging about my Titan up until this weekend when I heard a loud clunk coming from the rear axle. The noise got a little worse yesterday & today the truck is almost undriveable. It sounds & feels like something is slipping in the rear end, BAD, the slipping got so frequent & bad on the highway today that I was expecting to go home on the back of a flatbed. The truck will be going into the dealership where I bought it in the morning. They better not call me & tell me that they can't duplicate the problem or there are no "error codes" showing on their diagnostic equipment like service departments are prone to say! I expect them to blame the problem on abuse or some other excuse.

Favorite Features

Engine, smooth driving on pavement, capable off road, utility bed package

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality! This truck is built no better than Detroit's junk which is surprising since it is a Nissan. However, it is a Nissan built in the USA, not Japan, perhaps that is the reason for the poor build & reliability. My next truck will probably be a Toyota.