Best truck I ever owned
By cowpen1 on
2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I bought this Titan new with the expectation that I would be driving it till it's dead. I just turned 100,000 miles, and can say in all honesty that it drives exactly like it did the day I bought it. It feels like it's just broken in. I read on the forums about the sub-par quality of the OEM brake rotors, so I had those replaced under TSB before I ever had a problem. Other than that, this truck has never been in the shop. I haven't had to replace a belt, bulb, switch, or anything else besides tires, wiper blades and oil (Mobil 1). I've had numerous Ford & Chevy trucks, but this Titan has them all beat hands down in every respect. I'm glad to know it's built in Mississippi.
Favorite Features
Reliability, durability, horsepower, comfort, cab layout, exhaust note, power bed window, towing capacity, off road traction, component quality, nice side mirrors. Comfort is amazing... I can drive 12 hours with no fatigue, where similar vehicles have me hunting a rest-stop in only 3 or 4.
Suggested Improvements
Complaints are few and trifling: 1. Turning radius is crazy-wide for a short wheelbase truck. 2. Turn signal sound drives me nuts! 3. Fuel mileage is tough. 4. Really noisy cab in a hard rain. I wish Nissan would offer this truck in a 3/4 ton diesel long bed with manual transmission... I'd be all over it.