2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: Best for the $$

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

Best for the $$
By FK on

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the base model (XE), king cab with 4WD (4WD adds about $3K). Even though its a "base" model, it doesn't look cheap. It has painted bumpers (which I like) instead of chrome, and steel wheels which look OK (unlike the cheap looking steel wheels you get on a Toyota SR5). Windows, mirrors and door locks are manual, but other, but criously enough it has cruise control. I paid $24K, plus tax and a $300 dealer fee, it was right at $25K out the door, they are willing on deal on these, the MSRP was $27.5K. The steering and engine have that tight, "refined" feel you would expect from a Lexus. King cab doors open 160 degrees, and there are "latch" child seat connectors in rear.

King cab doors that open 160 degrees. Feel of steering and engine. 6'7" bed (the main part of a truck). Front bench seat is comfortable for me. Dealer (Sheehy Nissan, Manassas, Va) was totally professional and polite (yes, I was stunned). No stupid dealer added options, either!

Visibility is very poor to the right front and rear. Trailer hitch should be standard on any truck.