Used 2005 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

comments
By titan se

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

quiet comfortable ride, fun to drive, has had some small problems, brakes, elect. issues, love the truck, very responsive.

Favorite Features

5 speed automatic, very aggressive powerfull smooth engine, very quiet cab, comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

former truck was a toyota tacoma. nissan needs to take a lesson from toyota on build quality.

My Texas Titan
By EL NIņO

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Texas edition Titan and i have enjoyed the truck to the max since i have had it. It is quite the head turner and many have said that it is way better than any other truck that is currently out. My father had just purchased a 2005 F-150 and was very dissapointed that he could have gone with a Nissan for cheaper and way more features than he has on his truck the only time i have taken it to the dealer was for the oil change and to get that problem with the brakes fixed. Other than that the truck performs and drives better than any other truck i have driven.

Favorite Features

steering wheel mounted controls, auto dimming rear view mirror, telescoping side view mirrors, the chrome package on the Texas edition Titan, 305hp engine

Suggested Improvements

electric rear passenger windows better factory brakes to avoid the hassel of having to service the vehicle after 5000 miles

This Is a Workhorse
By Wolfden1

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned SUVs in the past and all have paled in comparison. Fortunately, I have not had the brake problem that I have read about in the reviews. The power this truck has is incredible.

Favorite Features

This truck comes with bells and whistles galore.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any since I have just purchased the truck.

solid truck that won't disappoint
By NC Truckin

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The '05 Titan is a fantastic truck that any full-size buyer should investigate. I was on the verge of buying an F-150 during the great summer deals (also a nice truck) but I decided to test drive the Titan before I bought. Boy am I glad I did! The Titan has a MUCH more impressive driveline than F-150, even with the bigger Ford V8. Torque and HP numbers don't mean much...its how the vehicle feels that matters, and Titan feels great. I've had it 6 months, and there has only been one small problem; the dealership took care of it immediately. Yes it has poor gas mileage, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody (just look at the size of the thing!). You won't be disappointed w/ Titan.

Favorite Features

Utility bed with great tie-down system and small tool locker -Aux input for an iPod! -Ridiculous torque that you can actually feel (unlike in F-150) .Head-turning capability (all my friends love this truck) -Nissan reputation for long-lasting trucks -Very adaptable interior & wide-swing doors

Suggested Improvements

It would be great to have a cylinder shut-off system to improve mileage a bit (I don't need all that torque all the time). I love the locking tailgate, but it would be nice if it was connected to the power locks for when I forget to unlock it before I start 'er up.

My Titan has been very good
By James

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Titan has been very good in the time I have owned it. The gas mileage has been better than expected, especially considering the power the truck has. I have had as good as 23 miles to the gallon on the highway, and usually get at least 20 MPG. The truck rides nice and has a huge amount of space inside. We have used it to take long trips instead of our SUV because it is more comfortable and actually has more interior space.

Favorite Features

It's really hard to select one. I would say the power and the interior set up and space.

Suggested Improvements

NA