2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Bench Seat Collapse
By Steve Coleman on 07/02/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 4WD SE with split bench seats with cloth interior. Looks like the 2005 suffers from the same seat issues. What's with the sagging split bench driver and passenger seats. I'm 210 lbs and the Maxima I traded in had awesome support in the seat. I feel like the seat is slowly collapsing on any trip over fifteen minutes. And the material starting to come apart at the decorative stitches. The tailgate pivot pin is loosening up and looks like it may work its way loose. Time to visit the dealer. And yes, I'm soon going to be on my third brake job which means the new heavy duty ventilated rotors and hopefully dustfree brake pads. Otherwise the truck is great! Steve

beats the hemi
By Jim Bross on 07/01/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2004 dodge ram 2500 with a hemi and I thought no truck could replace it, but the dodge hemi has no low end power like the nissan titan.

please help me stop!
By ashby on 06/17/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The vehicle has been great except for the brake problems. i have had the brakes replaced 3 times and the rotors turned twice and replaced once in only 4000 miles. the rotors warp every 1000 miles it seems and even this new updated brake kit i just had installed is starting to fail. i wouldnt reccommend a titan to anyone until puts a entirely new barking system on the truck. it is a liability and a safety issue. nissan consumer service is real lousy too. i made my decision today to lemon law the truck through a lawyer.

My Titan
By Jerry on 06/08/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Allthough I've only had this vechile for a couple months I love it. I had a '04 F150 glad it's gone many trips to the shop in the 1.5 years of ownership.The Nissan is very well thought out, fun to drive, power out the kazoo, plus comfort on long trips. I"m confident you will enjoy every moment in this vechile. Plus Team Nissan folks are the best.

Hemi Killer
By Don on 06/03/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an 03 Dodge Ram Hemi for this truck. Many don't believe that it will run circles around the Hemi, but it truly does. Power is much more usable, with more torque to boot. The exhaust note, in stock form is "sweet." I bought the XE model and have customized it to be the truck that I personally desire. All in all, it's a fantastic truck that sells for thousands less than those offered by GM, Ford and Dodge.

Dodge Ram no match for the Titan
By Rob Word on 05/27/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a new 2005 Nissan Titan King Cab, and I truly love it. After ditching my 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab, the Titan is a breath of fresh air compared to the bucket of bolts of the 4.7 V8 of the Ram. The power of the truck is amazing and the gas mileage is already better than the Ram, althought it is nothing to get excited about. Averaging 15-17 so far. Comfort is nice, but the controls are a little weird to get used to. I love the way the back doors open out to 180 degrees. The tailgate feature is a real plus also, taking only one hand to open and shut it. It rides like a cloud on the highway and has NO problem when it is time to make a pass. Nissan quality is all I ask.

Goodbye Ford
By Derek on 05/21/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned an F-150 for the past 11 years I decided to try the Nissan and after one test drive decided it was time to switch. The roominess, power, roar of the engine,(if you want totally quiet, buy a luxury car), it's great to put the foot down and hear that roar but then quiet when normal driving, no wind noise. Getting 15 MPG driving around Houston. Get the optional Bed Package that has the compartment on the left rear side of the bed and back-up sensors.

All is Great But the MPG
By David on 05/19/05 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I only get 15 to 15.5 mpg. The Rockford Fosgate package is a let down. Only the amp is RF, Stereo is Panasonic, speakers are clarion. But it still sounds good.

Good performer, bad gas mileage
By Tony G on 05/12/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck is fast and looks great. I get a lot of compliments on the styling and I really like the way the rear doors open all the way. When looking to buy a truck, it was either going to be a Toyota Tundra or a Nissan Titan - I didn't waste my time with the American truck-makers (poor reliability, interior quality, fit and finish). My main complaint is the gas mileage - it uses a lot. Don't get the Off-Road package if you do a lot of freeway driving - I hate the stiff Rancho Shocks. Also, the driver's seating area could be a little wider. I would recommend this truck over any full size option on the market.

Great truck...even though
By Matt H on 05/03/05 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck. I did not realize how much I enjoyed it until I had to be without it. The window regulator broke this past Sunday. Window dropped to the bottom of the door. Not so good for a new vehicle. Gas milage is poor, power is great. Truck can tow every bit of 9100 lbs with package, as advertised. I have put it to great use towing what ever. BVery easy to control and manuver. Get compliments all the time. More storage than one will need. Plenty of room for my 18 mo. old son's car seat, and still have 2 adults in the rear. If only the satilite radio feature was not $320.00. Then I'd be 100% happy.