Used 2005 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Love that transmission
By Fredee

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 5-speed auto trans with bucket seats and gated shifter is a dream. 3rd gear with my 21 foot travel trailer allows almost any speed up almost any hill. Still averaged 10 mpg on a 2000 mile trailer trip. The only vehicle I have been able to drive without extra back suppport. I have the 8 way electric driver seat. (Could be just an inch or two wider) Four wheel drive works great. Wish Nissan had some better brighter exterior colors to choose from.

305 HP engine. 5 speed automatic with gated shifter. 8 way power driver seat. Factory Fosgate stereo with subwoofer. Quieter on the highway than my Grand Prix. Great tow truck. Easy to change your own oil and filter. Nice sounding exhast note.

Security alarm should work with windows open if you reach inside to unlock the door. High rider off road package available. Brighter exterior colors with hood scoops, etc. Sunroof available in King Cab. Quicker steering ratio. Self adjusting radio volume. Air vents you can turn off.

my truck
By fatty

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy the truck very much and find it fully capabale of doing everything i want.

Bad Brakes
By Give me a break

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my Nissan Titan, however the brakes are a different story. The rotars on my Titan were resurfaced at 4500 miles and again at 10,000 miles. I have called and complained to Nissan with no satisfactory results. This is a serious safety issue that Nissan will not address.

I do like the spacious interior and the versitile bed.

I suggest Nissan get on top of their brake issue quickly. This is a big truck capable of hauling or pulling heavy loads, which means nothing if the truck can not stop in a safe manner under normal wear and tear.

Best Truck I ever owned
By Kevin

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is Awesome! I had one minor problem. There was a brake recall bacause of warping of the front brake rotors due to overheating. I took it in and they replace the front rotors and turned the rear and replaced the brake pads with new ones made of a different compound.

I love everything about it.

It would be nice to get a little better gas mileage.

Truck Rating
By Mikeeads

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drive my truck to work and home all week which is about a 55 mile round trip. I have to go up a mountain and through a very curvy two lane country road. The ride is smooth and comfortable, and I have power to spare when I want to pull out and pass going up the mountain. It goes great in the mud and snow and shifting into 4 wheel is a breeze. I enjoy just getting in my truck and driving not only is it comfortable but it's fun and I always feel safe in it.

I like how the rear doors open 168 degrees. I also like the unobtrusive wheel wells in the bed for more cargo room.

I would lengthen the front end just a little for more room under the hood. The main improvement I would make would be to give the Crew Cab truck a full size bed

• SUV