2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
If only it had better mileage
By daviedmx on 08/14/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been thoroughly pleased with my purchase of this truck save for the dismal gas mileage. I've taken 3 trips since my purchase back in May and the best that I've been able to get on the highway is 14-15mpg. With gas prices steadily creeping towards the $3 mark, I may have to start considering an alternative.

Great truck!
By Robert on 08/14/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I own this truck (2005 LE crew cab 4X4) now for 5 months and it still feels as great getting to drive it now as when I first took it home. When I bought the truck I was aware that there was a front brake pulsation problem but knew Nissan was working on the situation and would correct it soon. As always Nissan stepped up to the plate and the brakes are perfect now. All the Titans made after May 2005 no longer need to be repaired. Don't let this stop you from considering this truck. You'd be missing out on a great experience. Now after saying that there isn't a single othe problem with the truck inside or out. It performs absolutely flawlessly and would buy another Titan as my next truck.

Great Truck
By Jason on 08/03/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, lots of power, great interior room, awesome stereo. I knew this was the truck for me. Only problem is at 4800 miles the front brake rotors are going bad. The service dept says they will fix it and order me new ones, but other reviews say the replacements go out quickly too. We will see.

Could be a great truck
By Joe Herzig on 08/01/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had high expectations when I purchased this truck two years ago. I have had two Nissans previously and had good luck with them. The Titan has been nothing but a headache since I have owned it. The brakes, water leaks, severe rust, engine ping, blue smoke, steering column replacement, rear end, squeaks and rattles, missing parts and pieces, and poor Nissan customer support. Nissan fails to recognize that they released a truck before all the kinks were worked out. The build quality was substandard. They forgot to install a important bolt in the frame which created problems and the only fix was to drill a two inch hole in my floorboard. That is an example of poor QA in Canton, MS.

Gary's Nissan Titan
By Gary L on 07/27/05 00:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan's power is great.Trans is smooth. Passengers in the rear gets a bit choppy and jiggly on rough highways.Minor wind noisy above 75mph. The brakes feel very smooshy and unprecise but very powerful if enough force is applied.Short rear passengers(5'8") keeps on wrestling with the seat belts because of no height adjustments.Cheap plastics around cabin makes rattling noises when encountered with pot holes.The large storage bin can hold lots of stuff, but hard objects tend to make knocking noises when the truck encounters pot holes.Lack of height and lumbar adjustments make long trips uncomfortable.Lack of power mirrors is inconvenient.The bed is very short!

Titan and its Brakes
By brian on 07/23/05 14:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the truck 1 year. I enjoyed the truck for the first 3000 miles, then the brake problem kicked in, new rotors and pads. 5000 Miles later, new rotors and pads, 3000 miles later new rotors and pads. Do we see a pattern. Did some research, the 04 and 05 models have the smallest brakes on them, when compared to its competiton. New vented rotors and new desighed pads, is that really going to fix the problem.

Interior needs help
By Richard on 07/23/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan is a very well made vechicle. I had problems with thr brakes and I had to replace the tires at 24000 miles. nissan repaired the brakes for free but I had to pay to replace the tires. I enjoy diving this truck and the space it has inside of the crew cab is unbelieveable. The only thing I do not like is there is no place to hang my clothes in the back without blocking my kids view and it also make it unsafe when the kids are in the rear. I hope Nissan will fix this problem so they can compete with Ford.

Nice Truck But A Thirsty Truck
By Derf on 07/23/05 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall this is a very nice truck for a half ton, but at 11-12 mpg it's one of the thirstiest trucks I have ever owned. My previous trucks were configured the same with big V8's & tow & off road packages and had better mpg performance. Helping a friend out with a trailer over 5,000 lbs can be a hassle also since the Titan needs a weight distributing hitch over 5K to achieve its 9,400 lbs rating. My tranny also hunts for gear between 4th & OD between 35 to 40 mph.

Excellent
By Louis on 07/19/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great family, work, and weekend truck. Nice smooth ride like a luxury car and power like a sports car.

A good truck to own
By nolan on 07/17/05 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Nissan Titan is a stong truck no dout about it, it does lack fuel economy but hey 305 horses its a stong truck for towing and for going offroad. and with entertament for kids all roud good truck.