2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
My Titan
By Darby on 08/30/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My experience has been really great with the truck. It pulls nicely and has everything I would ever need in a pickup. It turns a lot of heads. I have the No Fear package on mine which includes a 6 inch lift.

Titan is the King - Aptly Named!
By Paul on 08/26/06 03:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Power, The Looks I get, The Feel, The Roominess, The Comfort for 5 Passengers in an Extended Cab, The Innovative Design, The Handling, The Sound System... I could go on forever singing the praises of this truck. Nissan offers something in the Titan that no other manufacturer has ever cared to offer. This is an investment worth every dollar. Sure the gas mileage is low, but its a truck, with an EXTREMELY Powerful and responsive engine - put a K&N filter on it, ease up on the gas, and the gas mileage I am getting sometimes peaks over 18mpg!!! (highway of course). There was the brake glitch, I took it back once, the fixed it and its gone. Leave the Domestics... this is the KING

My Best Truck So Far
By Norm on 07/25/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third truck to own and first Nissan after having a Ford and Chevy. I love the truck. The engine sounds a bit loud on accerations, but I quickly got used to it and no long notice it. Driving is a lot smoother than the Ford truck I test drove. The captain's chairs kind of wrap around you and are very comfortable on a long drive. City mileage is only 14 mpg, but it is a truck. The only problem I have had was with the brakes. I was expecting this after reading the other reviews. Nissan came thru, by "upgrading" the brakes and giving me a 3 year/36000 mile warranty on them. The Big Tow Package I got is a good option if you pull a trailer.

Great Truck!
By libby on 07/13/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I use it to tow a horse trailer and 2 horses around. I love it! It tows easily and I can bring a bunch of people with me to the horse shows because the interior is so spacious.

The best truck out!
By Stephen on 07/11/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best truck out now. It has more power and torque than most and will smoke a Hemi. I wish the would put a couple more paint layers on though. The steel in the bed is tough but a little thinner than most other trucks.

All Trucks Should Be Built This Well
By Great Truck on 06/30/06 03:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for nine months and it still feels like I just drove it off the dealer's lot. This has got to be the best built truck anywhere. I like the roominess, the way it drives, everything. The last time I felt this way about a vehicle, was when I bought a 1968 Camaro SS/RS.

Love that transmission
By Fredee on 06/29/06 22:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 5-speed auto trans with bucket seats and gated shifter is a dream. 3rd gear with my 21 foot travel trailer allows almost any speed up almost any hill. Still averaged 10 mpg on a 2000 mile trailer trip. The only vehicle I have been able to drive without extra back suppport. I have the 8 way electric driver seat. (Could be just an inch or two wider) Four wheel drive works great. Wish Nissan had some better brighter exterior colors to choose from.

Love this truck
By Joe on 06/27/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this truck!! It has been a hit with me since the day I drove it off the lot. It's powerful, it's tough, it's one heck of a great truck. The only problem I ever had was when the brake calipers had to be replaced, but believe that was a design issue that Nissan has started correcting in all Titans.

Titan Family, truck replaces minivan
By Sunne on 06/01/06 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, plenty of power and manueverabilty. Good backseat room, split front power bench makes 6 passengers possible. Rattle in front wheel plastic panels next to engine. Big power window in rear allows for passthrough easily. The rear warning system is a big help with backing up and hooking up trailers. This feature has prevented many potential collisions.

satisfied titan owner
By CTRankin on 05/19/06 11:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan out-preforms the Chevy Silverado I previously owned in every aspect. It's more comfy, has more power and gets better mpg. My Titan averages 16 mpg every tank and that's running mountains at 75 mph. It's nice to know this truck has some pick- up-and-go (more so than the murano I also own)should I ever need it. Brakes were replaced with the upgraded materials with no hassel at 12k miles. Truck feels much better when braking.