Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Simply amazing
By jeff

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this truck and love it. Plenty of power no need to slam on the gas a small nudge gives you all that you need. Surprisingly quick acceleration for such a large truck. The most comfortable seats that I have ever had in any automobile that I have owned.

Easy to operate 4x4, strong engine, good on gas for the size, great interior.

Shifter is too long to easly operate the radio.

My big gas hog! But I love it!
By Devin

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan as a close out from 05. I drove it for 18k when the brakes went bad (total replacement, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.), a silent recall. I pull a 23' cargo trailer daily - seems to do its job well. I ran for a year without trailer lights because no one could figure out what was wrong, finally it was a crimp in the rear door wiring harness (a recall that WASN'T posted). Tires were replaced at 28. Gas mileage is poor, unloaded at best 12-14. I love this pickup over all, I find it to have a great stance, powerful engine and really does a great job pulling the trailer and 30' pontoon. Just wished it had better brakes and a few other thing

Love the styling, tough looks, plenty of power.

POOR BRAKES! Doors are a little sloppy (king cab), poor mpg.

Additional report
By bo Slendak

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second time writing on this truck. Still truly awesome. This truck surpasses anything I ever dreamed about. Fun to drive, fast, dependable and looks great. I'll consider another one if I decide to get one, love this one too much, but leasing it and may consider another lease for business.

Engine and looks.

Better OEM tires. Have 37,000 on tires and need to replace with new ones already. Engine has so much power spin tires when wet. A little light in rear end.

Above Average
By Devin

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove a Dodge 4x4 and it doesn't compare! This truck has great power, speed, and can handle itself in a crowd without any problem. It's had its share of problems though - complete brakes, rotors everything was replaced at 20k (unpublished recall). Replaced some switches from breaking, replaced wiring from rear passenger door because I had no trailer lights (recall), replaced tires at 35k, completely bald, and finally the doors wouldn't open when it got below 30 degrees (another unpublished recall). But I have to say cars fall apart, it's a part of their makeup.

It drives like a race car, fast, comfortable, aggresive looking - I just love driving it!

Fix the brakes, bearings problems and use a little less plastic. (Nissan has always used poor plastic on the inside.) Will buy a real four door next time, extended/suicide doors are odd.

Long haul experience
By Long haul

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's been 2 1/2 years since I brought the Titan home with only 5 miles on the odometer. Since then more than 65,000 miles were put on the truck and the engine power just getting sweeter. The original Bridgestone Dueler tires seem to have about 20,000 more miles on their treads. I got about 18 to 19- plus MPG (2/3 of the driving was highway) with a few times of 21 MPG. Everything on the Titan remains stock with no modification, except a recently added toneau cover. The driver seat is losing its support on long trip now.

Power plant and the five-speed tranny.

Brakes.