Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Additional report
By bo Slendak

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second time writing on this truck. Still truly awesome. This truck surpasses anything I ever dreamed about. Fun to drive, fast, dependable and looks great. I'll consider another one if I decide to get one, love this one too much, but leasing it and may consider another lease for business.

Engine and looks.

Better OEM tires. Have 37,000 on tires and need to replace with new ones already. Engine has so much power spin tires when wet. A little light in rear end.

Above Average
By Devin

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove a Dodge 4x4 and it doesn't compare! This truck has great power, speed, and can handle itself in a crowd without any problem. It's had its share of problems though - complete brakes, rotors everything was replaced at 20k (unpublished recall). Replaced some switches from breaking, replaced wiring from rear passenger door because I had no trailer lights (recall), replaced tires at 35k, completely bald, and finally the doors wouldn't open when it got below 30 degrees (another unpublished recall). But I have to say cars fall apart, it's a part of their makeup.

It drives like a race car, fast, comfortable, aggresive looking - I just love driving it!

Fix the brakes, bearings problems and use a little less plastic. (Nissan has always used poor plastic on the inside.) Will buy a real four door next time, extended/suicide doors are odd.

Long haul experience
By Long haul

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's been 2 1/2 years since I brought the Titan home with only 5 miles on the odometer. Since then more than 65,000 miles were put on the truck and the engine power just getting sweeter. The original Bridgestone Dueler tires seem to have about 20,000 more miles on their treads. I got about 18 to 19- plus MPG (2/3 of the driving was highway) with a few times of 21 MPG. Everything on the Titan remains stock with no modification, except a recently added toneau cover. The driver seat is losing its support on long trip now.

Power plant and the five-speed tranny.

Brakes.

good truck but has it's problems
By Good Truck

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have 33,000 mi. on the truck.The radiator was replaced, the transfer case was replaced and now i have to have the exhaust replaced.There is a service bulletin for the squeeky passenger seat which will be covered under warranty.I also had the 4wd symbol on the dash dissappear and had no 4wd.I had to pull over and shut the truck off and the problem cleared.Overall with all the aggravation this rig has given me i still like it. I think they all have there problems.From my opinion i think the truck is a good value.Just hope that you get a good 1.

the transmission is perfect.I like that you can manually shift it up or down.Helps a great deal when towing and in bad weather

better heat and defrosters.Interior is always fogged up.Too much windshield glare.hitch rusts quickly.Stainless exhaust.better brakes

Lovin my New Baby!!!
By Rachie

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought my 05 Titan about a month ago after owning a 06 Equinox for about 9 months and before that a 00 blazer for 5 yrs. I had 2 have my 4x4 back!! This truck is awesome. Very comfortable and actually handles better than my previous vehicles!!My sister had one before me and she loves her also. The fuel economy is the ONLY thing that I hate. Right now mine is averaging 12.5 mgp. Stinks, but the horsepower this truck has is incredible. I have only got to drive in a few snows this yr with it but it has done excellent. I would recommend this truck to anyone but if you're looking for fuel economy, his is not it. Overall though, I absolutely love this truck and would buy another one!!

Comfort, handling, 6 CD changer, middle console. The back has more room than my Equinox!! Overall everything!!

FUEL FUEL FUEL!!!! The fuel economy is this truck stinks!! 12.5??? I was hoping to at least get 15. I'm not even hard on the gas pedal haha.