Used 2005 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Titan is the King - Aptly Named!
By Paul

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Power, The Looks I get, The Feel, The Roominess, The Comfort for 5 Passengers in an Extended Cab, The Innovative Design, The Handling, The Sound System... I could go on forever singing the praises of this truck. Nissan offers something in the Titan that no other manufacturer has ever cared to offer. This is an investment worth every dollar. Sure the gas mileage is low, but its a truck, with an EXTREMELY Powerful and responsive engine - put a K&N filter on it, ease up on the gas, and the gas mileage I am getting sometimes peaks over 18mpg!!! (highway of course). There was the brake glitch, I took it back once, the fixed it and its gone. Leave the Domestics... this is the KING

Favorite Features

Looks, Power, Handling, Comfort, Roominess... and the Jealousy of the other so-called-truck drivers...hehehe

Suggested Improvements

Dual Exhausts from the downpipes thru the tail pipe as standard... may improve gas mileage while shooting the HP/Torque curve so high, you'd have to buy those special Mega Dollar Special Racing packages in other trucks just to keep up!!!

My Best Truck So Far
By Norm

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third truck to own and first Nissan after having a Ford and Chevy. I love the truck. The engine sounds a bit loud on accerations, but I quickly got used to it and no long notice it. Driving is a lot smoother than the Ford truck I test drove. The captain's chairs kind of wrap around you and are very comfortable on a long drive. City mileage is only 14 mpg, but it is a truck. The only problem I have had was with the brakes. I was expecting this after reading the other reviews. Nissan came thru, by "upgrading" the brakes and giving me a 3 year/36000 mile warranty on them. The Big Tow Package I got is a good option if you pull a trailer.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable captain chairs. Good smooth ride even while pulling a trailer. Storage compartments (in and out). More standards than the other makes.

Suggested Improvements

My main concern is the seating material. Will it hold up? I added nerf bars to take off some of the strain from sliding in and out on the seats. Needs better gas mileage.

The best truck out!
By Stephen

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best truck out now. It has more power and torque than most and will smoke a Hemi. I wish the would put a couple more paint layers on though. The steel in the bed is tough but a little thinner than most other trucks.

Favorite Features

The 5.6

Suggested Improvements

Leveling kit

Love that transmission
By Fredee

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 5-speed auto trans with bucket seats and gated shifter is a dream. 3rd gear with my 21 foot travel trailer allows almost any speed up almost any hill. Still averaged 10 mpg on a 2000 mile trailer trip. The only vehicle I have been able to drive without extra back suppport. I have the 8 way electric driver seat. (Could be just an inch or two wider) Four wheel drive works great. Wish Nissan had some better brighter exterior colors to choose from.

Favorite Features

305 HP engine. 5 speed automatic with gated shifter. 8 way power driver seat. Factory Fosgate stereo with subwoofer. Quieter on the highway than my Grand Prix. Great tow truck. Easy to change your own oil and filter. Nice sounding exhast note.

Suggested Improvements

Security alarm should work with windows open if you reach inside to unlock the door. High rider off road package available. Brighter exterior colors with hood scoops, etc. Sunroof available in King Cab. Quicker steering ratio. Self adjusting radio volume. Air vents you can turn off.

my truck
By fatty

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy the truck very much and find it fully capabale of doing everything i want.