Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great Vehicle
By Jeff

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and luxury combination of the Titan is unparallaled. The other major brands can not compete. The motor is solid. The frame is rigid, still handles great and is quiet in the cab. I like the sprayed in bed liner and the utility tie down tracks and the tailgate damper. The power outlet in the bed is also a great idea. The downfalls to this truck are the undersized brakes. It tends to warp rotors in about 20000 miles. I am also less than impressed with the tires and rims. The alloy rims have been a constant problem as of late due to the fact that the air is slowly leaking out around the bead of the tire. They should offer steel rims.

Favorite Features

The stereo is amazing. The steering wheel controls are also great. The motor is fierce and it is a solid work truck.

Suggested Improvements

They should increase the size of the brake rotors so they don't overheat and warp. They should also offer steel rims,as opposed to the alloys that constantly leak. The tires could use a slightly more aggressive tread.

Excellent Vehicle
By Mary B

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this truck almost 3 years. We have had chevy, ford and the original nissan smaller pick-ups. We bought it due to our experience with Nissan reliability and to replace a mini van. We bought the crew cab due to have 4 man-sized teenage boys. All 6 of us fix VERY comfortably. The back seating are is large with a lot of leg room. We have over 75k miles and not a single problem thus far! Of course, gas mileage is always an issue with vehicles like this

Favorite Features

Interior cabin size and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid, maybe even a diesel model would be great!

Simply amazing
By jeff

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this truck and love it. Plenty of power no need to slam on the gas a small nudge gives you all that you need. Surprisingly quick acceleration for such a large truck. The most comfortable seats that I have ever had in any automobile that I have owned.

Favorite Features

Easy to operate 4x4, strong engine, good on gas for the size, great interior.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is too long to easly operate the radio.

My big gas hog! But I love it!
By Devin

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan as a close out from 05. I drove it for 18k when the brakes went bad (total replacement, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.), a silent recall. I pull a 23' cargo trailer daily - seems to do its job well. I ran for a year without trailer lights because no one could figure out what was wrong, finally it was a crimp in the rear door wiring harness (a recall that WASN'T posted). Tires were replaced at 28. Gas mileage is poor, unloaded at best 12-14. I love this pickup over all, I find it to have a great stance, powerful engine and really does a great job pulling the trailer and 30' pontoon. Just wished it had better brakes and a few other thing

Favorite Features

Love the styling, tough looks, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

POOR BRAKES! Doors are a little sloppy (king cab), poor mpg.

Additional report
By bo Slendak

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second time writing on this truck. Still truly awesome. This truck surpasses anything I ever dreamed about. Fun to drive, fast, dependable and looks great. I'll consider another one if I decide to get one, love this one too much, but leasing it and may consider another lease for business.

Favorite Features

Engine and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM tires. Have 37,000 on tires and need to replace with new ones already. Engine has so much power spin tires when wet. A little light in rear end.