2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
05 Titan
By Jd9281 on 11/25/06 14:51 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Drove Chevy trucks for over 20 years; they can't match this for cost/benefit. If Nissan built these in quantity, they'd sell better than Toyota and ALL domestic manufacturers (similar features at $1,000's less). Better tow rating than Chevy or Dodge, better mileage, very comfortable, all controls within reach of the driver. Absolutely love it.

dnpos
By frank on 11/23/06 11:43 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Thought I took a step up when I traded my f-250 for the Titan. Wrong! Brake rotors warped less than 5k Mi. Rear door latches work occasionally, even after replacement of both. Vents creak @startup &shutdown still. It drives like a canoe, will not go straight. nervous, twitchy. camber kit installed. 4 trips to dealer, realigned 4 times. told me don't come back. District ser. rep told me the roads have a crown in them, thats the problem. I've been driving longer than he's been breathing, tell me something I don't know. I like the style, power, economy, even the sound. This is truly a d**n nice piece of junk. Thank you so much Nissan. I will recommend anything except Nissan to all listeners.

one dogone good truck
By robert SILCOX on 11/10/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this truck is one of the best that i have ever owned. bar none. 22 mos. of pure drive pleasure 99.9 perfect reliable as sun rise. i have drove most all brands i am 58 years old i have been a mechanic for 40 of those years. i know what i am talking about

Love the Titan!!!
By Jeff on 11/09/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. It averages 16-19 mpg if I keep my foot out it, which is hard to do. The BAD consumer reports article is false, just go to the Titan web sites and visit with truck owners. I also love the 100k bumper to bumper warranty buy up and the standard 6-60k drive train warranty. The truck is tight and fun to drive. I pull a bass boat and the 9500 lb. tow capacity rivals the 3/4 ton domestics.

the best truck in my life
By little nicky on 11/01/06 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the greatest trucks I have ever driven. The only setback was the brakes needed replacing because the morons who designed the truck put in frontier brakes designed for the smaller pick-up/SUV. However, now I have new special-designed brake rotors and feet for the TITAN and never had a problem since! I highly recommend this truck for both comfort and work. But be warned....the TITAN has such torque that it can rip your head off! The stock horsepower is almighty and has great potential! This is a must!

2005 Nissan Titan after a year
By Joe E. on 10/08/06 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with my 2005 Titan, after one year. I purchased the truck based on looks and drive-ability I find it to be very nimble in town or on the highway. I do limited towing, I cannot really comment on heavy loads, but see more and more pulling large trailers on the road. The integrity inside and out has been solid. I had a problem with a brake vibration early, but my Nissan deal readily repaired the problem and showed me the technical bulletin. I highly recommend driving the Nissan Titan if you are in the market for a full size truck.

Titan Good, Dealership Bad
By commander3 on 09/27/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for 1.5 years and loved it until just recently due to the poor dealer service. It has the banks exhaust and gets 15-16 mpg with my heavy right foot and sounds great. The airbag light now comes on and is at the dealer for the 4th time in a month. They just keep replacing parts and two days later the warning lights are back on. You would think a Nissan dealer would know how to service a Nissan truck. Worst service I have ever seen with no end in sight.

Update on Titan
By James on 09/26/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Initially I thought I was getting an awesome truck with great quality. I was wrong on the quality!!! I have numerous ghost rattles and squeaks that cannot be found in door panels, fenders, dash, seats, center console. I detail vehicles part time,and this TITANs paint is losy at best. the clearcoat is super thin, the paint stains with a few hours of bird droppings in the shade. Yes, I keep it clean and waxed. The OEM tires are a joke. The front end alignment bad from the factory and chewed up four tires before they figured it was the alignment. To bad they didn't listen to my suggestions on the alignment. Brakes repaired/replaced three times, and they are only average.

willieG.
By willieG. on 09/20/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

the handing is great. fun to drive. if you keep a light foot on it you'll get good gas mileage. don't let your kids drive it, if ya still want tires on it. hp is unbelievable.

great
By Mike on 09/03/06 03:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

only owned a couple of days. Runs great I'd buy a new one. so far no problems