2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
A female perspective
By jane on 11/06/05 11:21 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck new at year end clearance price. This is my fourth Nissan and my favorite. I've owned an 89 Pathfinder, 02 Frontier, 03 Pathfinder. Test drove a 2006 Frontier Nismo (bumpy and cramped just like my 02 Frontier) same day I bought the Titan. Was a little intimidated at first by the Titan but as soon as I test drove it I loved it. Power Adjust pedals, backup assist warning, utility track in bed, storage compartments everywhere, and plenty of interior room! Handles like a luxury SUV! Would be nice if steprails were standard. Gas mileage is terrible but I love driving this truck so much I"ll put up with poor fuel economy.

Real world report
By Titanster on 11/01/05 20:46 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned this truck for about a year I can say it is overall great. My real world gas mileage is 16.9mpg. and that is no typo. I drive the speed limit and don't stick my foot in it - love that exhaust note. A pickup truck is built primarily as a cargo hauler and I couldn't be happier with this function. Interior comfort is also first class - better seats than my wife's Lexus.

very happy
By designbo on 11/01/05 11:27 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Was looking at the Toyota Tundra when I thought I would look at the Titan. Was extremely imperssed with the overall feel and size compared to the Tundra. Not that Toyota did not make a good truck, the Titian blew it away. Bigger, Nicer styling and impressive response was the key. Looks impressive and rides great. Was a Ford man, but not anymore.. good job Nissan

World Class
By Titan uv a truck on 10/27/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan is my first ever full size truck. I test drove the F-150 Chevy 1500, and Dodge Ram. By far Titan offers more in interior room, power, style, look, and enjoyment when driving this vehicle. The king cab is still roomy enough and some for a family of 5. I get nothing but compliments and stares especially from other non titan truck owners (they wished they bought one) Great braking and power at the drop of a dime, tow and haul is a snap with the push button gear shift its fantastic, get one its highly recommended.

Awesome truck sorry hemi!!!
By JOHN TRIMBLE on 10/25/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awesome. Blows the doors off of hemi's and everything else. I get 18.5 Mpg. Six can fit easily. Can tow anything you can hook to it. Brakes are a weak point

Would you expect anything less
By sprintn on 10/17/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Inital mileage appealed me! 3,500 Miles now. 4x4 SE Off Road package....11MPG mixed driving!?! Gotten better with break-in. Aver. 13 in town and 17 on hwy! My '02 Frontier v-6 4x4 5sp averaged 17.5 hwy or city. The lower finnal gear on the off road package contributes to lower MPG but adds tons for towing! Smaller wheels and taller tires increase ride comfort. I bought the soft tonneau cover......skip it! Poor quality. streatches, sags and leaks! Look for another bed cover! Lots of features standard/ not available on others. For the money, the best mid level 1/2 ton on the market! All considered, money well spent!

A "real" Truck!
By hot truck on 10/17/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Where to start, it's got power, lots of real POWER...It's roomy, real ROOMY...The Titan is a real Truck with real power, room, CD stereo, cruise, A/C and this is just the XE model. This is a REAL TRUCK... Note: I found that most of the full sized trucks had about the same mileage rating. If you're looking for a full- sized truck then it better not for fuel economy.

Do not buy a Titan
By MADDNISSANOWNER on 09/21/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Brake problems, brake problems, brake problems. And that is how many times you have to take it back to the dealer to have them replaced. Many other quality issues. I have owned this truck for 105 days and it has been at a dealer for repair 20 of those days. Stick with domestic trucks. Nissan doesnt have it right and they do not care.

Wooooooooowwwwwwwwww!
By Bdruggan on 09/18/05 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I took the Titan out for a test drive, I was blown away by it power, speed and comfort. The king cab has plenty of room and even though I got the 4X2, it still has a beefy suspension that rivals many 4X4's on the road. The Rockford Fosgate stereo in the truck I test drove was amazing. I ended up getting the base stereo with the 6 disc changer but it still has great sound.

TITAN truely massive
By INDY TITAN on 09/16/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

my first new vehicle and shopped around and read the reveiws on this site before I made my decision. WOW!!! what a great decision this the most comfortable, power is immense, the looks the "tuner kids" give when they finally get to the next light is priceless. cannot imagine filling all the storage bins or the cup holders. Only downside would be the mileage but I DONT CARE this is an amazing truck.