Used 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Excellent truck
By Jeff S.

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this to haul our 4 horse trailer since the standard iterations of the domestic vehicles were not even close towing wise. This truck has exceeded my expectations!! It is able to tow 7500 pounds without a problem. The ride is like a luxury car and the cabin is super quiet. I am looking now at buying another car and they are so loud compared to this thing. It has the most comfortable cab I have been in. The downside is that the brakes did need to be replaced under warranty. The brakes could also be a little more powerful. I see about 15 mpg overall and have seen 17.6 mpg HWY.

Favorite Features

The ride and comfort of the cab.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger brakes.

'05 Titan review
By dslater

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a lot of trucks in my 63 years in Alaska. This is one strong, powerful mama. I pull a 4500 lb boat up a long pass and it pulls effortlessly throughout the rpm range at 14 mpg average (19/20 empty on the road). Great torque. On a long trip, my wife doesn't complain about seat discomfort and really loves the truck also... which is a real plus. I love this truck!

Favorite Features

Other than power, the interior is exactly perfect for me, the seats are comfortable. My wife loves the assisted tailgate and the backup sensors. And the sound system is to die for.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality OEM tires. These Goodyear SRAs are junk. I have 35,000 on the truck and have replaced 2 for failure and most have lost their tread. New tires next month.

05 Titan after 2 years
By JP

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After two years I still like this truck. Out of the many vehicles I have owned, this is the best. Great power, comfortable, towing is a breeze. If you are in the market for a ton truck that will work like a ton, I highly recommend driving the Nissan Titan.

Favorite Features

Adjustable foot pedals, interior, sprayed in bed liner, tie-down rail system, and of course power and towing.

Suggested Improvements

Heavy-duty brakes, brakes upgraded once. Upgrade the wheels, Nissan wheels are just standard. Back of passengers seat replaced 3x, keeps coming loose.

Greeeeeat Pickup
By jack

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Titan for over two years with little or no problems. It looks great, runs great, fun to drive and has all the creature comforts. Has great power on and off road, mileage varies according to pedal pressure :o) but if I use cruise it is decent on highway. I have gotten over 20 on one trip, I attribute that to the bed cap, using synthetic oil. It tows great. It is a terrific truck

Favorite Features

Electric rear window, windows that go all the way down in the back, POWER! overhead bins, console and lots of room inside front and back

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to turn off the rear cab light manually, need a locking gas cap door, a fold flat rear seat would be really cool, front bumper sensors, diesel engine option, get rid of the tracks on the roof.

It does its job
By rob

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It does its job. Obviously the gas mileage is insane but it's a huge truck. Everyone who sees it says they love it. I love it too but there are are many things I would change. Has a lack of brakes.

Favorite Features

Power, speed, attitude, aggressive.

Suggested Improvements

Need better brakes. Need plushy leather. Interior is all plastic and easily scratches and breaks. Some system to help you park because its almost impossible to park lol. Push button start. Better air conditioning.