Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Real world report
By Titanster

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned this truck for about a year I can say it is overall great. My real world gas mileage is 16.9mpg. and that is no typo. I drive the speed limit and don't stick my foot in it - love that exhaust note. A pickup truck is built primarily as a cargo hauler and I couldn't be happier with this function. Interior comfort is also first class - better seats than my wife's Lexus.

Great Seats and arm rests on LE. Lots of power adjustments to get comfortable. Power train is the best. Surprised by great gas mileage. Side view mirrors with BigTow Package. Great size tires on LE.

Inferior quality plastics in interior cabin. Carpets are also inferior.

very happy
By designbo

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Was looking at the Toyota Tundra when I thought I would look at the Titan. Was extremely imperssed with the overall feel and size compared to the Tundra. Not that Toyota did not make a good truck, the Titian blew it away. Bigger, Nicer styling and impressive response was the key. Looks impressive and rides great. Was a Ford man, but not anymore.. good job Nissan

Response of the engine, when you say go it leaves the rest behind, but also pretty good on gas also. Rides great and couldn't be happier.

Have had some problems with the front brake, though Nissan is aware of problem and replace pads and rotor with no problems. The Nissan dealer here in town is excellant. Other then that no issue what so ever..

World Class
By Titan uv a truck

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan is my first ever full size truck. I test drove the F-150 Chevy 1500, and Dodge Ram. By far Titan offers more in interior room, power, style, look, and enjoyment when driving this vehicle. The king cab is still roomy enough and some for a family of 5. I get nothing but compliments and stares especially from other non titan truck owners (they wished they bought one) Great braking and power at the drop of a dime, tow and haul is a snap with the push button gear shift its fantastic, get one its highly recommended.

interior, chrome stepsides, fold out doors for tight areas

gas mileage but with a 5.6 just add a k & n filter for up to 17 mpg

Awesome truck sorry hemi!!!
By JOHN TRIMBLE

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awesome. Blows the doors off of hemi's and everything else. I get 18.5 Mpg. Six can fit easily. Can tow anything you can hook to it. Brakes are a weak point

Auto down and up front windows

Brakes, quieter exhaust

Would you expect anything less
By sprintn

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Inital mileage appealed me! 3,500 Miles now. 4x4 SE Off Road package....11MPG mixed driving!?! Gotten better with break-in. Aver. 13 in town and 17 on hwy! My '02 Frontier v-6 4x4 5sp averaged 17.5 hwy or city. The lower finnal gear on the off road package contributes to lower MPG but adds tons for towing! Smaller wheels and taller tires increase ride comfort. I bought the soft tonneau cover......skip it! Poor quality. streatches, sags and leaks! Look for another bed cover! Lots of features standard/ not available on others. For the money, the best mid level 1/2 ton on the market! All considered, money well spent!

Gobs of power. Wide open rear doors with Fold up/ lay down rear seats provide in cab loading options. Steering wheel audio/ cruise buttons.

Full 8' bed & give more of the expected NISSAN Fuel efficiency, another 3 or 4MPG would be nice!!!!