Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

A female perspective
By jane

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck new at year end clearance price. This is my fourth Nissan and my favorite. I've owned an 89 Pathfinder, 02 Frontier, 03 Pathfinder. Test drove a 2006 Frontier Nismo (bumpy and cramped just like my 02 Frontier) same day I bought the Titan. Was a little intimidated at first by the Titan but as soon as I test drove it I loved it. Power Adjust pedals, backup assist warning, utility track in bed, storage compartments everywhere, and plenty of interior room! Handles like a luxury SUV! Would be nice if steprails were standard. Gas mileage is terrible but I love driving this truck so much I"ll put up with poor fuel economy.

Power adjust pedals, huge & plentiful storage compartments, lots of room in rear of king cab, exterior storage compartment in rear wheel well, spray in bedliner with utility package, ease of manueverability, and what a smooth ride!

Don't notice engine noise others complain of. Just sounds powerful. Found a few minor problems first 1000 miles. Interior molding on driver's side near the door pops out, catch release on rear king door doesn't always work have to manually move it, gas tank cap strap doesn't stay attached.

LOVE My Truck!!!!!
By Bundomomof3

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this truck after having a chevy for 4 years. We had nothing but problem after problem with the chevy. The nissan is great! Fun to drive, fast acceleration. I have 3 kids and 1 car seat and 2 booster seats that fit perfectly in the back. The kids have enough leg room. I am pleasantly surprised about how comfortable this truck really is. I would recommend this truck to everyone. LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Everything on this truck it's awesome!!!!!!

The only thing I would say is make side impact air bags standard. Also I miss having an outside temperature gage. Other than that it's a great truck!!!!!!!

2006 titan
By Bjp

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

2006 titan 4wd/LE. have truck for 1 month and 1000 miles. Love performance. Gas mileage on first tank was 13.5mpg mostly city. 16.5 on hwy at 75 mph with only 700 miles on engine. Will use the bed extender on next trip and see gas milage with tailgate down. So far, the EPA estimate is fairly accurate. I'll see what the truck gets when I get the engine broken in and some miles on it. If one has ideas for increased mpg. Let me know. Did alot of research and I think the Titan is the best truck on market. Will reevaluate at 10,000 miles.

Power, transmission temp guage,storage, bed extender.

will comment after 5000 miles.

Real world report
By Titanster

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned this truck for about a year I can say it is overall great. My real world gas mileage is 16.9mpg. and that is no typo. I drive the speed limit and don't stick my foot in it - love that exhaust note. A pickup truck is built primarily as a cargo hauler and I couldn't be happier with this function. Interior comfort is also first class - better seats than my wife's Lexus.

Great Seats and arm rests on LE. Lots of power adjustments to get comfortable. Power train is the best. Surprised by great gas mileage. Side view mirrors with BigTow Package. Great size tires on LE.

Inferior quality plastics in interior cabin. Carpets are also inferior.

very happy
By designbo

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Was looking at the Toyota Tundra when I thought I would look at the Titan. Was extremely imperssed with the overall feel and size compared to the Tundra. Not that Toyota did not make a good truck, the Titian blew it away. Bigger, Nicer styling and impressive response was the key. Looks impressive and rides great. Was a Ford man, but not anymore.. good job Nissan

Response of the engine, when you say go it leaves the rest behind, but also pretty good on gas also. Rides great and couldn't be happier.

Have had some problems with the front brake, though Nissan is aware of problem and replace pads and rotor with no problems. The Nissan dealer here in town is excellant. Other then that no issue what so ever..

• SUV