Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

titan 4 door
By ben armstrong

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted this truck when I first laid eyes on it. Titans are by far the best looking trucks on the road, and having owned many Nissans prior to this truck I knew the quality would be impecable. It is roomy, well laid out, comfortable, and powerful. Towing with it is wonderful. Lots of power, and very smooth.

Favorite Features

The best part about this truck is the mutual admiration of other titan owners. I am continually getting waves, nods, and flashed with headlights by other titan owners. They get it, you get it, and it's like a club. How cool is that?

Suggested Improvements

I've got nothing. I'm in love!

sweet
By eric

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

it tows my 30 foot toyhauler really good but it needs a lil more bottom end for climbing but overall it is a excellent truck

Favorite Features

the navigation and the side storage

Suggested Improvements

more rear cabin space and a bigger bed and more torque

A female perspective
By jane

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck new at year end clearance price. This is my fourth Nissan and my favorite. I've owned an 89 Pathfinder, 02 Frontier, 03 Pathfinder. Test drove a 2006 Frontier Nismo (bumpy and cramped just like my 02 Frontier) same day I bought the Titan. Was a little intimidated at first by the Titan but as soon as I test drove it I loved it. Power Adjust pedals, backup assist warning, utility track in bed, storage compartments everywhere, and plenty of interior room! Handles like a luxury SUV! Would be nice if steprails were standard. Gas mileage is terrible but I love driving this truck so much I"ll put up with poor fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Power adjust pedals, huge & plentiful storage compartments, lots of room in rear of king cab, exterior storage compartment in rear wheel well, spray in bedliner with utility package, ease of manueverability, and what a smooth ride!

Suggested Improvements

Don't notice engine noise others complain of. Just sounds powerful. Found a few minor problems first 1000 miles. Interior molding on driver's side near the door pops out, catch release on rear king door doesn't always work have to manually move it, gas tank cap strap doesn't stay attached.

LOVE My Truck!!!!!
By Bundomomof3

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this truck after having a chevy for 4 years. We had nothing but problem after problem with the chevy. The nissan is great! Fun to drive, fast acceleration. I have 3 kids and 1 car seat and 2 booster seats that fit perfectly in the back. The kids have enough leg room. I am pleasantly surprised about how comfortable this truck really is. I would recommend this truck to everyone. LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Everything on this truck it's awesome!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would say is make side impact air bags standard. Also I miss having an outside temperature gage. Other than that it's a great truck!!!!!!!

2006 titan
By Bjp

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

2006 titan 4wd/LE. have truck for 1 month and 1000 miles. Love performance. Gas mileage on first tank was 13.5mpg mostly city. 16.5 on hwy at 75 mph with only 700 miles on engine. Will use the bed extender on next trip and see gas milage with tailgate down. So far, the EPA estimate is fairly accurate. I'll see what the truck gets when I get the engine broken in and some miles on it. If one has ideas for increased mpg. Let me know. Did alot of research and I think the Titan is the best truck on market. Will reevaluate at 10,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Power, transmission temp guage,storage, bed extender.

Suggested Improvements

will comment after 5000 miles.