Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Outstanding Truck.
By Dave

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After a lot of research I picked the Titan and after 30 days cound not be happier. However I do realize that time will tell. But if first impressions are lasting then this is a great truck. I have had trucks for 30 years and this may be the first that is actually fun to drive. I was concerned with the size going from a Dakota to the full size Titan but its no big deal. The gas mileage is about what I expected 14-15. Considered a F150 and Tundra but fell in love with the Titan after I drove it. Value was part of the reason. Got a great deal at $3K below invioce. F150 and Tundra were more $ for less features.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styleing, Interior space and comfort. Love the rear doors on the KC model.

Suggested Improvements

The big tow mirriors could be a bit smaller and I might get tired of the engine note after some time. But then again with the stereo blasting who cares.

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew LE 4X4
By titannorcross

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the vehicle in April 05. I compared to Toyota, Ford, Chevy/GMC, Dodge and the overall value was favorable for the Nissan Titan. I was instantly pleased with the new look available options. I purchased the 4dr crew cab LE 4x4 with almost every available option (no sunroof). Price was negotiated to a good deal. It is now Dec 05, no problems with the truck. I have had it to the dealership for two oil changes, rotate and balance and some other 7,500 mile service/inspections. I did take the truck in for the brake upgrade, original rotors warped at about 5,000 miles, since the update the truck will stop on a dime, everytime. For fun, I have driven off road, 4x4 works well.

Favorite Features

GPS/Navigation System 10 Speaker Rockford Fosgate Stereo System 4X4 Available tow capacity

Beats all American made Trucks
By Tim

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had my Titan for 3 weeks so my rerview may change over time, but I don't think so. This is by far the best ruck I have ever owned. I have had Ford, Chevy and Dodge over the last 8yrs. and this truck is better than all of them. The list would go on forever if I was to point out all of the things that are better on this truck than the aforementioned ones. Everything on this truck has been well thought out from the rear sensors to the seats. I know of 3 other people who have purchased a Titan and are as pleased as I am, I also know of 2 others who are also going to buy one based partly upon my recommendations. the only thing that I would like is to have better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Longer bed and another bed compartment on the passenger side , the one on the drivers side is very convienent.

Mr rudy
By rudy

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

AMAZING TRUCK! hadthe brake problem almost immediately after purchase.Dealer replaced, since then its been AWESOME. FLAWLESS PERFORMANCE! used to drive a land cruiser by Toyota, and this is just more fun! Fuel consumption is bad, but anyone buying a pickup truck should know what to expect! other wise stick to hybrids NEONS!

Favorite Features

-Engine power -interior comfort - looks! - Suspension - back rest

Suggested Improvements

- Cabin could be quieter(engine roar) - Tow mirrors should fold automatically - Instruments could be "funkier"

Above the Rest
By PSP

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Test drove every half ton on the market and no regrets on the Titan SE Crew Cab. Overall Toyota Tundra rides more quite and smooth, but not offering the towing capability and power of the Titan which I need. No problems to report after 6200 miles. Nissan did an excellent job gathering a lot of information to win over anyone looking to buy a truck before putting the Titan together. If you're looking for a full size pick-up give the Titan a test drive, you be glas you did.

Favorite Features

masculine design, interior ergonomics, tow haul switch option, exhaust notes, etc...

Suggested Improvements

seat material stains easily so would suggest putting fabric stain protection as factory application.