2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
It's worth every penny
By Justin Elixson on 02/17/05 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just had our first baby and need a bigger vehicle. I had to have a truck with my business. We got the Titan and was and still are very impressed with all the back seat room.

brakes no good
By r palumbo on 02/16/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got my 2004 titan in 5/2004. At 1280 miles, bad steering vibration due front brakes. They resurfaced rotors& put new on brake pads.The 2nd time 300 miles. They put new rotors & new pads. The 3rd time 4000 miles. Resurfaced rotors & put on new pads. The 4th time 5642 miles, had to bring it back again. Not even a year old. I am not very happy. I am not just talking about a little vibration on the steering wheel. It is pretty bad... Ride is pretty smooth, plenty of power. But the brakes are no good. Because of this I probably would not buy another Nissan. Thank you.

Great
By Wanda Allen on 02/08/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have enjoyed our truck greatly. We love all the room it provides especially having 2 children and going on long camping trips. We have a 27 foot camper and have no problems with pulling it. We have even pulled the camper in the mountains with no problems. This will be 1 truck we keep until the wheels fall off.

Nice truck
By Meanbiker on 02/08/05 13:07 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Vehicle is solid and to this point very dependable. Everything works as advertised. I have pulled a trailer and load that was over the 9400 pound limit with no problem. Very impressive.

Satisfied Titan Owner
By Luvthistruck on 02/06/05 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to buying the Titan I drove all of the Big 3 truck manufacturers. The Titan is by far the best value and performing half ton pickup. I do not have the tow package as I felt a 7500 lb capacity is more than enough. I use the vehicle for recreational use and on our first trip we found the vehicle extremely comfortable with a great ride. Around 20 mpg on the highway too!

Transmission Problems @ 15,000 miles
By Kim Isbell on 02/03/05 04:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved the exterior styling which is why I bought it. However, while going 40 mph one day, my bug deflector broke off and scratched and dented my hood. I only had it 6 weeks so I assumed it was a manufacturer's defect. But the manufacturer said since mine was an isolated case I would have to pay for the repairs myself! (Shoddy installation I assume!) Then, at 15,000 miles my transmission started locking up. It was in the shop 3 weeks because they had to send away for diagnostic equiptment from the manufacturer just to figure out the problem. It turned out to be a computerized glitch. I've never experienced so many problems with a new vehicle with such few miles before.

Recovering Ram Owner
By Don on 02/03/05 00:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an 03 Dodge 1500 Hemi Ram for the 05 Titan. Although the Dodge has a higher listed horsepower, the Titan's power is much more usable, comes on sooner, and seems effortless by comparison. Fit and finish is also better on the Nissan, as is torque, towing capacity, and gas mileage. In addition, the "tow mode" switch, which raises the shift points, is a teriffic feature and makes towing almost effortless. All in all, I believe it is the best bang for the buck in the full size truck market available today.

Titan
By Ronny Miller on 02/03/05 00:57 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The only negative which is covered by waranty is the interior dash rattles due to the gauges panel is filled with foam which squeaks(drives me nuts).

My Nissan Titan
By Titan on 02/03/05 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many different Nissan models. The Titan as absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is tough, dependable, fun to drive and has great styling.

Best well designed truck
By ROBERT HODGSON on 02/02/05 23:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have 10,000 miles on my titan se 4x4 and everything Nissan says is so true. It is the best truck I ever owned,and I owned many,I get 20 miles per gallon highway and city 16.5. I loaded this truck up with so much fire place wood and it did not even sag nor did it even know it had such a heavy load to carry. Plenty of power to spare.Nissan made an outstanding truck.