2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Great Vehicle
By Jeff on 04/04/08 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and luxury combination of the Titan is unparallaled. The other major brands can not compete. The motor is solid. The frame is rigid, still handles great and is quiet in the cab. I like the sprayed in bed liner and the utility tie down tracks and the tailgate damper. The power outlet in the bed is also a great idea. The downfalls to this truck are the undersized brakes. It tends to warp rotors in about 20000 miles. I am also less than impressed with the tires and rims. The alloy rims have been a constant problem as of late due to the fact that the air is slowly leaking out around the bead of the tire. They should offer steel rims.

Simply amazing
By jeff on 03/29/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this truck and love it. Plenty of power no need to slam on the gas a small nudge gives you all that you need. Surprisingly quick acceleration for such a large truck. The most comfortable seats that I have ever had in any automobile that I have owned.

My big gas hog! But I love it!
By Devin on 03/02/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan as a close out from 05. I drove it for 18k when the brakes went bad (total replacement, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.), a silent recall. I pull a 23' cargo trailer daily - seems to do its job well. I ran for a year without trailer lights because no one could figure out what was wrong, finally it was a crimp in the rear door wiring harness (a recall that WASN'T posted). Tires were replaced at 28. Gas mileage is poor, unloaded at best 12-14. I love this pickup over all, I find it to have a great stance, powerful engine and really does a great job pulling the trailer and 30' pontoon. Just wished it had better brakes and a few other thing

Above Average
By Devin on 01/27/08 02:04 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove a Dodge 4x4 and it doesn't compare! This truck has great power, speed, and can handle itself in a crowd without any problem. It's had its share of problems though - complete brakes, rotors everything was replaced at 20k (unpublished recall). Replaced some switches from breaking, replaced wiring from rear passenger door because I had no trailer lights (recall), replaced tires at 35k, completely bald, and finally the doors wouldn't open when it got below 30 degrees (another unpublished recall). But I have to say cars fall apart, it's a part of their makeup.

Differential Problems
By Tim on 10/12/07 08:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The ability of the 2005 Nissan Titan to tow was what caused me to purchase the vehcile. The 5 speed transmission does an excellent job of towing a 4,800 lbs boat. However, at 75,000 the rear differential developed a noise, which required its total replacement. It wasn't a failure of one or two parts, but a complete failure where an entirely new differential was put in. The rear end appears to be undersized as I changed the fluid every 20,000 to 24,000 miles which exceeds the maintenance requirement. The dealer has replaced 2 or 3 others all around 60,000. I talked with the dealer and Nissan who said it was out of warranty so tough luck. This truck can't be counted on to hold up!!!

A real truck
By rob on 09/19/07 23:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned several trucks and this is the best one yet. It is a truck that the complete family wants to take everywhere. I am getting 18 mpg with a 50/50 city, highway driving. I haven't been able to find anything that I can't haul.

It's a winner
By L. Willis on 06/29/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a fabulous experience as a new truck owner. I needed it to haul horses and travel my daily route across a poorly maintained dirt road in front of my home in outskirts of Phoenix (county land) to work in Scottsdale. It's at home in either place. I've even used my truck to pull cemented fence posts out of the ground and it popped them right out. I've always been a sports car type but I love my Titan!

22 Months With '05 Titan
By quattroa4m on 06/25/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th full size truck (Chevy, GMC, Ford, & Dodge) and by far the Titan has been the best experience. The drive-train is second to none, the interior comfort for long hauls is terrific, and the reliability has been rock solid. Yes I did have the brake recall performed (at 32K miles), but it just wasn't a big deal. I'm very picky about braking, handling, and performance and it was pretty obvious that the front rotors were undersized. Since I was using the truck as a long distance runner, it just wasn't a big deal.

Titan
By KYACE on 04/30/07 05:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just an awesome truck, great power, great looks and towing. I had this thing in deep mud up to bottom of doors while hauling a bobcat, never even slowed down.

18 mpg highway, not in my truck
By mike on 02/23/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I wish nissan would have been up front about mpg, this truck is killing me in fuel. However this truck has more power then i will ever need. it's been to the shop for few defects already, something I did not expect from a nissan product. I am also on my third set of tires after only 32,000 miles. I am thinking about trading it in for a toyota.