2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Great Truck, Needs more standard equipme
By Great Truck on 03/10/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really like this truck and glad that I bought this model. It's the only model that has body colour front grill and bumper. Mechanically everything is sound. This model didn't offer enough options such as fog lamps and a wheel upgrade. Also needs a little more added to the XE preferred package such as power windows, power door locks and keyless entry. Saftey Reasons.

Best Truck I've Owned.
By titan on 03/04/05 21:38 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford and Chevy fullsized trucks and Isuzu, Toyota and Nissan compact $wd Trucks. Without question The TITAN is the truck steals the show. No other truck compares as far as comfort, ride, interior room, and make no mistake about it the Nissan Titan can deliver off road, hauling or pulling. Put it on the pavement and this truck will Haul A_ _!!

watch out now...
By josh on 02/23/05 14:21 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Driving on a trip yesterday, I saw an F-150 with a decal of the "Bad Calvin" doing what he does best on the word "Imports" Let's just say I drove up next to it, smiled, and blew by and far away from the Ford. Nissan has got it right- watch out Ford and Chevy. This truck is comfy (SE with all options) as well as rugged. We travel all the time, and love it. Plenty of room, even in the King cab, and even with our 2 100 lb dogs riding in the back. (Folding up seats back there kick arse) Best bang for your buck without a question- gas mileage... well, it's a truck, but it does do better than all of the others. Side by side comparisions- most room, best performace, and best price.

Nice truck
By Paul on 02/22/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Nice truck with great power and design features. Great cd system and interior design. Looks good and handles good. The engine is loud, but the cabin insulation still makes listening to conversations and music/radio ok. I haven't noticed any wind noise, but have only had the truck since December 2004. The read-outs for the gear display, 4-wheel drive indicator and trip mileage are digital and a light orange color that is unreadable with sunglasses on in the bright sunlight. This would be my main complaint. Otherwise, a very nice truck.

Great
By Wanda Allen on 02/08/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have enjoyed our truck greatly. We love all the room it provides especially having 2 children and going on long camping trips. We have a 27 foot camper and have no problems with pulling it. We have even pulled the camper in the mountains with no problems. This will be 1 truck we keep until the wheels fall off.

Transmission Problems @ 15,000 miles
By Kim Isbell on 02/03/05 04:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved the exterior styling which is why I bought it. However, while going 40 mph one day, my bug deflector broke off and scratched and dented my hood. I only had it 6 weeks so I assumed it was a manufacturer's defect. But the manufacturer said since mine was an isolated case I would have to pay for the repairs myself! (Shoddy installation I assume!) Then, at 15,000 miles my transmission started locking up. It was in the shop 3 weeks because they had to send away for diagnostic equiptment from the manufacturer just to figure out the problem. It turned out to be a computerized glitch. I've never experienced so many problems with a new vehicle with such few miles before.

Recovering Ram Owner
By Don on 02/03/05 00:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an 03 Dodge 1500 Hemi Ram for the 05 Titan. Although the Dodge has a higher listed horsepower, the Titan's power is much more usable, comes on sooner, and seems effortless by comparison. Fit and finish is also better on the Nissan, as is torque, towing capacity, and gas mileage. In addition, the "tow mode" switch, which raises the shift points, is a teriffic feature and makes towing almost effortless. All in all, I believe it is the best bang for the buck in the full size truck market available today.

My Nissan Titan
By Titan on 02/03/05 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many different Nissan models. The Titan as absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is tough, dependable, fun to drive and has great styling.

Titanic Titan
By JJ ARRIOLA on 02/02/05 22:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awesome. Crisp and responsive handling. The engine has some serious factory juice. This is not a toy...The interior is very ergonomic and just makes sense. I would say that the only missing touch would be rear quarter windows that lower a'la F-150.

Best for the $$
By FK on 02/01/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the base model (XE), king cab with 4WD (4WD adds about $3K). Even though its a "base" model, it doesn't look cheap. It has painted bumpers (which I like) instead of chrome, and steel wheels which look OK (unlike the cheap looking steel wheels you get on a Toyota SR5). Windows, mirrors and door locks are manual, but other, but criously enough it has cruise control. I paid $24K, plus tax and a $300 dealer fee, it was right at $25K out the door, they are willing on deal on these, the MSRP was $27.5K. The steering and engine have that tight, "refined" feel you would expect from a Lexus. King cab doors open 160 degrees, and there are "latch" child seat connectors in rear.