Used 2005 Nissan Titan LE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great Vehicle
By Jeff

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and luxury combination of the Titan is unparallaled. The other major brands can not compete. The motor is solid. The frame is rigid, still handles great and is quiet in the cab. I like the sprayed in bed liner and the utility tie down tracks and the tailgate damper. The power outlet in the bed is also a great idea. The downfalls to this truck are the undersized brakes. It tends to warp rotors in about 20000 miles. I am also less than impressed with the tires and rims. The alloy rims have been a constant problem as of late due to the fact that the air is slowly leaking out around the bead of the tire. They should offer steel rims.

Favorite Features

The stereo is amazing. The steering wheel controls are also great. The motor is fierce and it is a solid work truck.

Suggested Improvements

They should increase the size of the brake rotors so they don't overheat and warp. They should also offer steel rims,as opposed to the alloys that constantly leak. The tires could use a slightly more aggressive tread.

Thinking about a Titan ?
By S.J.

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Titan is an 04 purchased 3/05 . I have about 1500 miles on this truck and have a few comments a buyer might be interested in. Performance is great . This truck gets it. Very quick and handles well. My first impression of the steering is that it takes more power to turn the steering wheel than my former ford or chevy truck. Brakes dirty up the front wheels with black dust.I have a rattle in the dash. Gas milage is about where I expected it. About 12 in town and about 15 or 16 on the hwy. The exaust noise is barly perceptable on the hwy .The radio quality of sound poor on FM but the sound quality of the cd player is great. Radio light reflect on rear glass through the rear view mirror.

Favorite Features

Looks, big powerful motor and I love the way the interior is set up. Plenty of storage and places to put drinks etc. Well thought out. I also really like the rear doors that open flush against the cab.

Suggested Improvements

Fix brake dust, remove reflection of radio in rear view mirror , automatic radio volume control comes on all at once. Replace radio with a quality one . Great truck.

my truck
By fatty

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy the truck very much and find it fully capabale of doing everything i want.

Tire sensors/check engine soon
By jerkey

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased / truck rides extremely well. Was surprised. Only problem with this truck is the tire sensors, if you change the tires you have to reset to have the light go out on dash. Mine is still lit. Another way to make you bring to dealership. Also engine service light comes on & stays on don't know why. Asked dealership people, they were mesmerized. I will write another review after I find out what is going on with these sensor lights?

Favorite Features

Engine /quick pick up / comfortable seating / great body integrity

Suggested Improvements

Cab a little noisy (need to get the kinks out of electrical problems)!

Real world report
By Titanster

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned this truck for about a year I can say it is overall great. My real world gas mileage is 16.9mpg. and that is no typo. I drive the speed limit and don't stick my foot in it - love that exhaust note. A pickup truck is built primarily as a cargo hauler and I couldn't be happier with this function. Interior comfort is also first class - better seats than my wife's Lexus.

Favorite Features

Great Seats and arm rests on LE. Lots of power adjustments to get comfortable. Power train is the best. Surprised by great gas mileage. Side view mirrors with BigTow Package. Great size tires on LE.

Suggested Improvements

Inferior quality plastics in interior cabin. Carpets are also inferior.