2005 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Titan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Sort Reviews by

Titan Axle seal leak
By Ken

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Titan new in 2005. I do less than 10,000 miles a year. At around 48,000 miles both rear axle seals started leaking. This repair costs over $1000. I have never done any towing, I don't have the towing package. warranty poot, I would not buy another Nissan product. If there is anyone out there looking to buy a Titan, don't do it. Nissan needs to have a recall on the axle seals.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Fix ALL the problems.

A real truck
By rob

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned several trucks and this is the best one yet. It is a truck that the complete family wants to take everywhere. I am getting 18 mpg with a 50/50 city, highway driving. I haven't been able to find anything that I can't haul.

Favorite Features

The best features are the front seats - you don't get tired of driving the Titan. The distinctive body style is eye catching so much so that Chevy copied it.

Suggested Improvements

Make the A/C indicator light larger to be able to see it better.

The best truck out!
By Stephen

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best truck out now. It has more power and torque than most and will smoke a Hemi. I wish the would put a couple more paint layers on though. The steel in the bed is tough but a little thinner than most other trucks.

Favorite Features

The 5.6

Suggested Improvements

Leveling kit

My Titan has been very good
By James

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Titan has been very good in the time I have owned it. The gas mileage has been better than expected, especially considering the power the truck has. I have had as good as 23 miles to the gallon on the highway, and usually get at least 20 MPG. The truck rides nice and has a huge amount of space inside. We have used it to take long trips instead of our SUV because it is more comfortable and actually has more interior space.

Favorite Features

It's really hard to select one. I would say the power and the interior set up and space.

Suggested Improvements

NA

A "real" Truck!
By hot truck

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Where to start, it's got power, lots of real POWER...It's roomy, real ROOMY...The Titan is a real Truck with real power, room, CD stereo, cruise, A/C and this is just the XE model. This is a REAL TRUCK... Note: I found that most of the full sized trucks had about the same mileage rating. If you're looking for a full- sized truck then it better not for fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Power, Room, Color, Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Coin bank, compartments under the seat.

50 series flowmaster
By Shawn Swain

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first got this vehicle I was getting 13 Miles a gallon in city and 15 on the highway. After driving the vehicle a month I put a 50 series flowmaster single exhaust on it. When checking mileage to my surprise it went from 13 to 15.5 city and 22 on highway. If you can withstand a little noise it is really worth putting one on. I have already paid for it in savings on gas at $2.50 a gallon. $230.00 flowmaster.

Favorite Features

Power is clearly the best feature.

Suggested Improvements

Very satisfied

Hemi Killer
By Don

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an 03 Dodge Ram Hemi for this truck. Many don't believe that it will run circles around the Hemi, but it truly does. Power is much more usable, with more torque to boot. The exhaust note, in stock form is "sweet." I bought the XE model and have customized it to be the truck that I personally desire. All in all, it's a fantastic truck that sells for thousands less than those offered by GM, Ford and Dodge.

Favorite Features

Usable power, torque, build quality, exhaust note, price.

Suggested Improvements

Front disc brakes warp too easily from build up, especially if towing. This defect is rampant among Titan owners. Recognizing the problem, Nissan has extended brake warranty to 36 months, unlimited mileage, and is offering "fix kits" with thicker, vented rotors and new calipers and pads.

Great Truck, Needs more standard equipme
By Great Truck

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really like this truck and glad that I bought this model. It's the only model that has body colour front grill and bumper. Mechanically everything is sound. This model didn't offer enough options such as fog lamps and a wheel upgrade. Also needs a little more added to the XE preferred package such as power windows, power door locks and keyless entry. Saftey Reasons.

Favorite Features

The style of pickup. Plenty of room. Plenty of get-up and go. Priced right.

Suggested Improvements

For safety reason, power windows, power door locks and keyless entry should be standard or least offered with the XE Preferred Package. Other option packages should be available for this model.

Best Truck I've Owned.
By titan

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford and Chevy fullsized trucks and Isuzu, Toyota and Nissan compact $wd Trucks. Without question The TITAN is the truck steals the show. No other truck compares as far as comfort, ride, interior room, and make no mistake about it the Nissan Titan can deliver off road, hauling or pulling. Put it on the pavement and this truck will Haul A_ _!!

Favorite Features

I real don't have a favorite feature, they are all great. This truck has NO flaws that I have found

Suggested Improvements

How do you improve perfection. Like the comercial say's "Life is a ride. Enjoy the ride!"

Recovering Ram Owner
By Don

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an 03 Dodge 1500 Hemi Ram for the 05 Titan. Although the Dodge has a higher listed horsepower, the Titan's power is much more usable, comes on sooner, and seems effortless by comparison. Fit and finish is also better on the Nissan, as is torque, towing capacity, and gas mileage. In addition, the "tow mode" switch, which raises the shift points, is a teriffic feature and makes towing almost effortless. All in all, I believe it is the best bang for the buck in the full size truck market available today.

Favorite Features

Power, power, power. Seamless transmission. Tow Mode switch. Fit and finish. Comfort. Handling. Counter-spring tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

On column shift models, when the stalk is in the drive position, it blocks the view of the fan switch for the heater and air conditioning. Other than that, a truly great truck.