2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Titan Axle seal leak
By Ken on 08/04/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Titan new in 2005. I do less than 10,000 miles a year. At around 48,000 miles both rear axle seals started leaking. This repair costs over $1000. I have never done any towing, I don't have the towing package. warranty poot, I would not buy another Nissan product. If there is anyone out there looking to buy a Titan, don't do it. Nissan needs to have a recall on the axle seals.

A real truck
By rob on 09/19/07 23:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned several trucks and this is the best one yet. It is a truck that the complete family wants to take everywhere. I am getting 18 mpg with a 50/50 city, highway driving. I haven't been able to find anything that I can't haul.

The best truck out!
By Stephen on 07/11/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best truck out now. It has more power and torque than most and will smoke a Hemi. I wish the would put a couple more paint layers on though. The steel in the bed is tough but a little thinner than most other trucks.

My Titan has been very good
By James on 01/16/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Titan has been very good in the time I have owned it. The gas mileage has been better than expected, especially considering the power the truck has. I have had as good as 23 miles to the gallon on the highway, and usually get at least 20 MPG. The truck rides nice and has a huge amount of space inside. We have used it to take long trips instead of our SUV because it is more comfortable and actually has more interior space.

A "real" Truck!
By hot truck on 10/17/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Where to start, it's got power, lots of real POWER...It's roomy, real ROOMY...The Titan is a real Truck with real power, room, CD stereo, cruise, A/C and this is just the XE model. This is a REAL TRUCK... Note: I found that most of the full sized trucks had about the same mileage rating. If you're looking for a full- sized truck then it better not for fuel economy.

50 series flowmaster
By Shawn Swain on 08/22/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first got this vehicle I was getting 13 Miles a gallon in city and 15 on the highway. After driving the vehicle a month I put a 50 series flowmaster single exhaust on it. When checking mileage to my surprise it went from 13 to 15.5 city and 22 on highway. If you can withstand a little noise it is really worth putting one on. I have already paid for it in savings on gas at $2.50 a gallon. $230.00 flowmaster.

Hemi Killer
By Don on 06/03/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an 03 Dodge Ram Hemi for this truck. Many don't believe that it will run circles around the Hemi, but it truly does. Power is much more usable, with more torque to boot. The exhaust note, in stock form is "sweet." I bought the XE model and have customized it to be the truck that I personally desire. All in all, it's a fantastic truck that sells for thousands less than those offered by GM, Ford and Dodge.

Great Truck, Needs more standard equipme
By Great Truck on 03/10/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really like this truck and glad that I bought this model. It's the only model that has body colour front grill and bumper. Mechanically everything is sound. This model didn't offer enough options such as fog lamps and a wheel upgrade. Also needs a little more added to the XE preferred package such as power windows, power door locks and keyless entry. Saftey Reasons.

Best Truck I've Owned.
By titan on 03/04/05 21:38 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford and Chevy fullsized trucks and Isuzu, Toyota and Nissan compact $wd Trucks. Without question The TITAN is the truck steals the show. No other truck compares as far as comfort, ride, interior room, and make no mistake about it the Nissan Titan can deliver off road, hauling or pulling. Put it on the pavement and this truck will Haul A_ _!!

Recovering Ram Owner
By Don on 02/03/05 00:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an 03 Dodge 1500 Hemi Ram for the 05 Titan. Although the Dodge has a higher listed horsepower, the Titan's power is much more usable, comes on sooner, and seems effortless by comparison. Fit and finish is also better on the Nissan, as is torque, towing capacity, and gas mileage. In addition, the "tow mode" switch, which raises the shift points, is a teriffic feature and makes towing almost effortless. All in all, I believe it is the best bang for the buck in the full size truck market available today.