2005 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Pretty good truck
By nlambert182 on 02/05/14 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my truck with 130k miles on it. Truck is extremely powerful and fun to drive. It even sounds great with the stock exhaust. I like the interior layout. The only complaints are that the interior feels kind of cheap, the front struts are blown, and the rear axle seals leak. The axle seals and the struts are known issues with the Titan and Nissan refuses to acknowledge them as issues even with the thousands of complaints. Luckily my friend is a mechanic and is going to fix the issues cheaply. The struts are $70 each and the seals are only $10. Aside from those two issues it's excellent as a truck. We love it.

Love my new TITAN
By 05titanse on 02/26/13 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just got this truck the end of last week with 36,000 miles on it , love great truck had 01 frontier with 202,000 miles on traded for titan love so far other then the MPG not use to that yet after drive v6 for the longest time, the RSS (rear sonar system) seems to have a flaw/ bad sencer in or in or somthing the dealer is gonna fix it only issue i see on it , hope to get the miles out this one like my frontier

Owned for 3 years
By mountainlifer on 01/28/13 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not someone who bought this truck a month ago and is about to gush about it's reliability (what's with those reviewers anyway?) Purchased this truck 3.5 years ago, have put 50k KM mountain town driving on it. Only issue I've run in to is warping brake rotors, easily solved with HD brakes. The paint is nothing to phone home about, but definitely not sub par. Hauls a sled like it's not even there and shreds the highway between Whis and Van as fast as you'd ever want to. Expected a lot, and it has exceeded my expectations. Design/Layout are my favorite as well. 6'6" box is awesome, but cab is still very spacious and overall truck is very nimble. America still makes a great truck.

great truck, lots of bed space!
By hiplainsdrftr on 06/20/12 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned 5 other pickups, titan is my favorite. I have owned for 14 months it had 42k when bought and now has 56k.I average 15.5 mpg.on a recent trip from SC to NJ i averaged 18.5. Great amount of room in the bed and i can fit my daughter w her car seat and 2 other adults in the cab. Handles great for a big truck, i traded a g35 in for it so i didnt know what to expect handling wise. my wife drives a qx56 w the same engine and it feels slow compared to my titan. Definitely reccomend a titan to anyone looking for a pickup truck.

Love my Titan!!!!
By gumby1995 on 01/02/11 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Nissan, first 1/2 ton truck. 2005 model, 117,000 miles. Easy to drive, great acceleration, very comfortable, has held up well on interior and exterior. Have had left rear differential start leaking - caught it before it turned into major problem. Tow hitch plug was faulty - losing contact-brake lights weren't working on trailer. Inexpensive fix. Have tow package - tow 2 horse aluminum trailer with ease (after installing larger transmission cooler). Engine was getting a little hot on steep inclines (hauling 2 horses and alot of gear) with factory one.

Titan Axle seal leak
By Ken on 08/04/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Titan new in 2005. I do less than 10,000 miles a year. At around 48,000 miles both rear axle seals started leaking. This repair costs over $1000. I have never done any towing, I don't have the towing package. warranty poot, I would not buy another Nissan product. If there is anyone out there looking to buy a Titan, don't do it. Nissan needs to have a recall on the axle seals.

Great truck if you have plenty of gas mo
By Mitch on 04/27/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck, the LE has everything you would want

a lemon
By bob on 09/03/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has cost me more in the 42,000 miles I have put on it than any other truck I have every owned. bought first truck in 1972. Nothing but high priced problems. Doors freeze shut $650.00 kit to fix both doors.no warranty. Both rear seals leaked at 18,000 covered by warranty. Power steering lines needed replace at 25000, no warranty. rear seals and rear axle need replace at 36,000 only cost of axle covered $900.00 for rest. Soaked brakes shot replaced $600. no warranty. front brakes replaced at 40,000 $700 no warranty. If I go for an oil change you know it will be a min of $500 when they get done fixing everything else they find.

Tire sensors/check engine soon
By jerkey on 12/29/08 16:31 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased / truck rides extremely well. Was surprised. Only problem with this truck is the tire sensors, if you change the tires you have to reset to have the light go out on dash. Mine is still lit. Another way to make you bring to dealership. Also engine service light comes on & stays on don't know why. Asked dealership people, they were mesmerized. I will write another review after I find out what is going on with these sensor lights?

Fantastic Cheap Work Truck
By JC on 08/28/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the Titan to travel to the great white north country and needed 4WD. easy to operate the 4x4 and I drive 800 miles at a stretch. The gas mileage at 80 mph is generally between 18-20 mpg, excellent for a big V-8. Nice exhaust note! The brakes were an issue, but covered under warranty. Had a rear wheel bearing leak after 3yr warranty expired, covered under the 5yr 60K drivetrain warranty. Excellent warranty coverage by Nissan! The sheet metal is a little soft and dents easily. Still running the original tires at almost 40K on a 4x4 - unbelievable!! All around excellent truck, even in the XE no frills package.