2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Excellent Vehicle
By Mary B on 03/31/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this truck almost 3 years. We have had chevy, ford and the original nissan smaller pick-ups. We bought it due to our experience with Nissan reliability and to replace a mini van. We bought the crew cab due to have 4 man-sized teenage boys. All 6 of us fix VERY comfortably. The back seating are is large with a lot of leg room. We have over 75k miles and not a single problem thus far! Of course, gas mileage is always an issue with vehicles like this

After 2.5 years of driving the Titan
By Bob on 12/17/07 14:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I spent quite a bit of time researching full sized trucks before choosing the Titan. I am not a contractor or towing sort. My two choices ended up being the Titan or Ridgeline. After kicking the tires and test driving, I went with the Titan. Wifey liked the Titan after driving both, which surprised me since the Ridge has the independent suspension and better ride. Roomy, definite power, great sound from the Fosgate and exhaust (if you like that sort of thing), nice amenities with the LE model. Overall, I am pleased with the Titan after 2.5 years and 15k miles.

Great upgrade
By Marv on 03/16/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently traded up from an explorer and absolutely love this truck. More than enough power, though i'm intrigued by the potential intake/exhaust upgrades. Sound is deep, but not annoying. Leather captains chairs make driving something to look forward to. Cannot complain about GAS Milage...it's a full size 305HP truck...what do you expect. If you want fuel efficiency, go buy a Civic. Rockford Fosgate stereo rocks!! Even has a plug for my Dell DJ. Back seat is extra roomy. Bed rail system has already been handy. I really cannot say enough about this truck. After a month of ownership, I still love it like the first time I drove it off the lot.

Could be a great truck
By Joe Herzig on 08/01/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had high expectations when I purchased this truck two years ago. I have had two Nissans previously and had good luck with them. The Titan has been nothing but a headache since I have owned it. The brakes, water leaks, severe rust, engine ping, blue smoke, steering column replacement, rear end, squeaks and rattles, missing parts and pieces, and poor Nissan customer support. Nissan fails to recognize that they released a truck before all the kinks were worked out. The build quality was substandard. They forgot to install a important bolt in the frame which created problems and the only fix was to drill a two inch hole in my floorboard. That is an example of poor QA in Canton, MS.

05 titan
By phansen on 06/15/05 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, plenty of room in the front & in the rear seats as well. Great radio system. Plenty of tow capacity no problem towing my boat. Love the rear sliding glass from the driver seat.Love the driver side two adjustment seat postions. Would tell every looking to buy a new truck to go and test drive one and look at all the FEATURES TOO MANY TO LIST .

titan
By mike on 02/19/05 09:33 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

excellent truck to own and drive. Great performance and handling, Gas milage could be a bit better, though overall driving experience i would rate at 9.5 out of ten, especially the looks my wife gets while driving it to the grocery store!

It's worth every penny
By Justin Elixson on 02/17/05 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just had our first baby and need a bigger vehicle. I had to have a truck with my business. We got the Titan and was and still are very impressed with all the back seat room.

brakes no good
By r palumbo on 02/16/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got my 2004 titan in 5/2004. At 1280 miles, bad steering vibration due front brakes. They resurfaced rotors& put new on brake pads.The 2nd time 300 miles. They put new rotors & new pads. The 3rd time 4000 miles. Resurfaced rotors & put on new pads. The 4th time 5642 miles, had to bring it back again. Not even a year old. I am not very happy. I am not just talking about a little vibration on the steering wheel. It is pretty bad... Ride is pretty smooth, plenty of power. But the brakes are no good. Because of this I probably would not buy another Nissan. Thank you.

Titan
By Ronny Miller on 02/03/05 00:57 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The only negative which is covered by waranty is the interior dash rattles due to the gauges panel is filled with foam which squeaks(drives me nuts).

In the Wind
By john haslett on 01/28/05 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides extremely well and very fast. Point A to Point B is no time at all even in long trips. The interior is comfortable once you adjust the seats properly. I haven't used all the features. The truck is really worth the money. You are not going to get 30 miles a gallon out of a v8 truck.The gas prices just need to be lowered again. The truck roars with ambition for the open road. The gas pedal does not need to be pressed much for a response. It has a sports car heart with the utility of a truck. I get nice comments from everyone about my truck. The buying experience was very simple at the dealership. I look forward to nissan's diesel trucks because of these Titans.