Used 2005 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Most Helpful|
Great upgrade
By Marv

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently traded up from an explorer and absolutely love this truck. More than enough power, though i'm intrigued by the potential intake/exhaust upgrades. Sound is deep, but not annoying. Leather captains chairs make driving something to look forward to. Cannot complain about GAS Milage...it's a full size 305HP truck...what do you expect. If you want fuel efficiency, go buy a Civic. Rockford Fosgate stereo rocks!! Even has a plug for my Dell DJ. Back seat is extra roomy. Bed rail system has already been handy. I really cannot say enough about this truck. After a month of ownership, I still love it like the first time I drove it off the lot.

Favorite Features

Home Link, Stereo, Memory Seats, Storage Storage Storage, Factory XM, Bed Utilitrack system, Heated Captains chairs, bed extender, side toolbox.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory XM antenna (design and location). Sturdier door hinges...and maybe a licorice dispenser in the roof?

Excellent Vehicle
By Mary B

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this truck almost 3 years. We have had chevy, ford and the original nissan smaller pick-ups. We bought it due to our experience with Nissan reliability and to replace a mini van. We bought the crew cab due to have 4 man-sized teenage boys. All 6 of us fix VERY comfortably. The back seating are is large with a lot of leg room. We have over 75k miles and not a single problem thus far! Of course, gas mileage is always an issue with vehicles like this

Favorite Features

Interior cabin size and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid, maybe even a diesel model would be great!

After 2.5 years of driving the Titan
By Bob

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I spent quite a bit of time researching full sized trucks before choosing the Titan. I am not a contractor or towing sort. My two choices ended up being the Titan or Ridgeline. After kicking the tires and test driving, I went with the Titan. Wifey liked the Titan after driving both, which surprised me since the Ridge has the independent suspension and better ride. Roomy, definite power, great sound from the Fosgate and exhaust (if you like that sort of thing), nice amenities with the LE model. Overall, I am pleased with the Titan after 2.5 years and 15k miles.

Favorite Features

Interior room, engine, big back window, dampened tailgate (was injured when opening a friends Escalade tailgate thinking it had the same controlled open mechanism..a $55k vehicle!), engine sound, auto up on the front windows, Fosgate audio, outside rear storage compartment, bed tie-downs.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality with windows loose in tracks, brakes (had them with rotors replaced after 3k miles - on warranty from dealer, with no issues), mpg is low-but I knew that b4 buying.

05 titan
By phansen

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, plenty of room in the front & in the rear seats as well. Great radio system. Plenty of tow capacity no problem towing my boat. Love the rear sliding glass from the driver seat.Love the driver side two adjustment seat postions. Would tell every looking to buy a new truck to go and test drive one and look at all the FEATURES TOO MANY TO LIST .

Favorite Features

Truck bed liner from the factory,lights in the bed,tie downs all around the bed and in the floor as well flip over extender adjustable to keep things from sliding around in the bed.

Suggested Improvements

Have not found anything yet that needs improvement on.

Could be a great truck
By Joe Herzig

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had high expectations when I purchased this truck two years ago. I have had two Nissans previously and had good luck with them. The Titan has been nothing but a headache since I have owned it. The brakes, water leaks, severe rust, engine ping, blue smoke, steering column replacement, rear end, squeaks and rattles, missing parts and pieces, and poor Nissan customer support. Nissan fails to recognize that they released a truck before all the kinks were worked out. The build quality was substandard. They forgot to install a important bolt in the frame which created problems and the only fix was to drill a two inch hole in my floorboard. That is an example of poor QA in Canton, MS.

Favorite Features

The price and performance was good and the standard features were great.

Suggested Improvements

Provide a vehicle worthy of the $40,000 price tag. Improve customer support and service.