2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
The wost truck suspension ever experienced!
By littletitan on 05/13/13 07:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the truck brand new in 2005. Start having big problem three years later. Bearings on both rear-wheels are broken which lead to oil leak and cost too expensive to repair ($450 for each side). A year after replaced both rear wheels' bearings, the rear wheel spring attachment to the body was broken due to rust and poor welding. Twelve months later, the bearing at the T bar nearby the trans. was broken and caused the oil leak, cost too $450 to repair. Then later, 2 backup sensors were out and were replaced. This truck was a biggest disappointment to me. I finally gave up on this truck and sold it in 2012. Nissan knew a bout this problem on all Nissan trucks but careless to recall.

Nissan won't warranty Known Axle Issue.
By brad100 on 01/02/13 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I took it in for brake service at about 56,000 miles and learned it had a leak in the rear axle seal on the passenger side. Nissan replaced the seal under warranty. I questioned if the axle was bad and was informed it was fine. 12,000 miles later it leaked again. This time I was informed of a Technical Bulletin stating the axle, bearing and seal should have been replaced as a unit. I complained all the way to Nissan Corporate and was informed they would not warranty it outside of the 60,000 mile warranty. Even though this was a pre existing problem and was not fixed right the first time. I will never buy another Nissan product because of this. They did not care!

Titan Impresses Thus Far
By kenitzer on 10/07/11 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our 05 Titan 4x4 3 mo. ago with 72K miles from a local used car lot. I looked at over 40 4x4 trucks and had trouble finding one that was well cared for and had reasonable mileage. When I saw this truck I was impressed, but some online reviews made me worry about quality and reliability. Since correcting a CEL issue and doing some minor deferred maintenance, it has been a great truck. We only use it for hauling and towing so it's not a daily driver - good thing at only 13 mpg. So far so good. We pulled a 12' UHaul trailer moving my son to OH a few wks ago and the trip was great. I am loving this truck more and more each day. I hope it provides years of reliable service.

Best truck I've ever owned
By here2there on 09/16/11 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my truck used with 36,000 miles from a dealership. This was my second Nissan product. Had a Frontier crew cab that was extremely reliable and was the reason I purchased another Nissan. Have had very good service when oil changes and recalls were performed. Another feather in the Nissan cap. Dealership performance is another reason I bought Nissan. This Titan is solid. I have hauled an economy car from SC to MI without any problems. Have pulled my 18 foot boat on the weekends and it's pulls like a dream. Use the Titan for many other projects and I can't see myself doing without it. Love the styling and always gets compliments. Neighbor bought one because he liked mine.

Best truck I ever owned
By cowpen1 on 08/13/11 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Titan new with the expectation that I would be driving it till it's dead. I just turned 100,000 miles, and can say in all honesty that it drives exactly like it did the day I bought it. It feels like it's just broken in. I read on the forums about the sub-par quality of the OEM brake rotors, so I had those replaced under TSB before I ever had a problem. Other than that, this truck has never been in the shop. I haven't had to replace a belt, bulb, switch, or anything else besides tires, wiper blades and oil (Mobil 1). I've had numerous Ford & Chevy trucks, but this Titan has them all beat hands down in every respect. I'm glad to know it's built in Mississippi.

Best truck on the market
By Steve on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have put this vehicle through hell and back, and have never had an issue. From reading on the internet you may think this truck is unreliable, however, I drive my truck harder then 95% or people, and I have never been stranded, nor has the truck had to visit the dealer. It's the most athletic and fun truck to drive on the market. Once you've owned one, you will understand, "it's a Titan thing"

1st and LAST NISSAN!
By 1st and LAST NISSAN on 08/29/10 01:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I agree with the person who wrote, "the list of things that didn't go wrong would be shorter." this truck and Nissan corp usa can take this truck and shove it! These people charged me for a fuel-pump, oil/spark-plug change, ipdm, and a mass-air-flow-sensor, as well as a throttle position-sensor, to the tune of $6300.00, when all that was wrong at the time was a loose wire on the #2"mini-super-coil". (which they gladly fixed for free) Kraft Nissan in Tallahassee, Florida is one dealer you should pass up. I was told by Nissan corp. USA and Kraft Nissan that they had the best techs and they were right and I was wrong. I hope that $6300.00 gets them through this rough economy, they are gonna need it!

Titan is a beast
By ERNIE on 06/20/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love that I purchased this truck. Has good power good looks and is a very comfortable riding vehicle. Shimmies a little when going over very rough roads or roads with a lot of potholes. That's the only complaint from me. It had only 40,000 miles on it when I bought it and it still looks new in and outside. Love it!

87,000 miles Problems Galore!
By 29er guy on 04/08/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well i would like to start off saying that the truck has been a Great Vehicle up until last summer with about 70,000 on it.. The rear differential Seals went leaking oil onto the brake rotors creating poor braking. Fan Motor went. Front differential drive shaft BROKE when I put it in 4Hi at 20 mph. Rusting out all over the place. The tranny is going in for another flushing to try to stop the slipping. Time to get a new vehicle. That should last 150,000 miles easy.

Extremely Disappointed
By Leroy Knepper on 02/12/10 07:43 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Most comfortable truck I've ever owned but the problems are something I never expected from a Nissan..Four wheel drive snapped at 64,000 miles ( just out of warranty) brakes are terrible..truck shimmies...tailpipe & hitch rusted...unbelievable for all the more miles on this vehicle.Paint chips easily..I am going to be purchasing another truck and it most definitely will not be a Nissan..Very disappointed..I was under the impression that a Nissan would last for a long time..The only good points are the interior comfort and the style...Very unreliable truck..Didn't even make it to 70,000 miles..