Used 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

The wost truck suspension ever experienced!
By littletitan

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the truck brand new in 2005. Start having big problem three years later. Bearings on both rear-wheels are broken which lead to oil leak and cost too expensive to repair ($450 for each side). A year after replaced both rear wheels' bearings, the rear wheel spring attachment to the body was broken due to rust and poor welding. Twelve months later, the bearing at the T bar nearby the trans. was broken and caused the oil leak, cost too $450 to repair. Then later, 2 backup sensors were out and were replaced. This truck was a biggest disappointment to me. I finally gave up on this truck and sold it in 2012. Nissan knew a bout this problem on all Nissan trucks but careless to recall.

Buy Ford's suspension and put on Nissan trucks.

Nissan won't warranty Known Axle Issue.
By brad100

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I took it in for brake service at about 56,000 miles and learned it had a leak in the rear axle seal on the passenger side. Nissan replaced the seal under warranty. I questioned if the axle was bad and was informed it was fine. 12,000 miles later it leaked again. This time I was informed of a Technical Bulletin stating the axle, bearing and seal should have been replaced as a unit. I complained all the way to Nissan Corporate and was informed they would not warranty it outside of the 60,000 mile warranty. Even though this was a pre existing problem and was not fixed right the first time. I will never buy another Nissan product because of this. They did not care!

Nice engine power.

Warranty the vehicle completely. Stand behind your product Nissan!

Titan Impresses Thus Far
By kenitzer

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our 05 Titan 4x4 3 mo. ago with 72K miles from a local used car lot. I looked at over 40 4x4 trucks and had trouble finding one that was well cared for and had reasonable mileage. When I saw this truck I was impressed, but some online reviews made me worry about quality and reliability. Since correcting a CEL issue and doing some minor deferred maintenance, it has been a great truck. We only use it for hauling and towing so it's not a daily driver - good thing at only 13 mpg. So far so good. We pulled a 12' UHaul trailer moving my son to OH a few wks ago and the trip was great. I am loving this truck more and more each day. I hope it provides years of reliable service.

Interior Comfort, Towing Capacity, Interior & Exterior Styling, Reliability.

Best truck I've ever owned
By here2there

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my truck used with 36,000 miles from a dealership. This was my second Nissan product. Had a Frontier crew cab that was extremely reliable and was the reason I purchased another Nissan. Have had very good service when oil changes and recalls were performed. Another feather in the Nissan cap. Dealership performance is another reason I bought Nissan. This Titan is solid. I have hauled an economy car from SC to MI without any problems. Have pulled my 18 foot boat on the weekends and it's pulls like a dream. Use the Titan for many other projects and I can't see myself doing without it. Love the styling and always gets compliments. Neighbor bought one because he liked mine.

Plenty of storage for all my stuff. Under the seat storage, overhead storage, storage on the doors, and plenty of storage in the center between front seats. Dash layout is superb. The push button rear window with defrost is awesome! With all the windows down, you feel the wind going down the road like a convertible. I have large extnedable tow mirrors and they are very useful. Plenty of chrome and if you want more you can add grill inserts, chrome badging for the tailgate, and chrome step bars. I have a Bak-Flip bed cover that keeps all my gear dry and folded all the way up have full use of my bed. The 5.6 litre engine is very reliable. Please don't change this engine.

Would like to see storage in the crew floor.

Best truck I ever owned
By cowpen1

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Titan new with the expectation that I would be driving it till it's dead. I just turned 100,000 miles, and can say in all honesty that it drives exactly like it did the day I bought it. It feels like it's just broken in. I read on the forums about the sub-par quality of the OEM brake rotors, so I had those replaced under TSB before I ever had a problem. Other than that, this truck has never been in the shop. I haven't had to replace a belt, bulb, switch, or anything else besides tires, wiper blades and oil (Mobil 1). I've had numerous Ford & Chevy trucks, but this Titan has them all beat hands down in every respect. I'm glad to know it's built in Mississippi.

Reliability, durability, horsepower, comfort, cab layout, exhaust note, power bed window, towing capacity, off road traction, component quality, nice side mirrors. Comfort is amazing... I can drive 12 hours with no fatigue, where similar vehicles have me hunting a rest-stop in only 3 or 4.

Complaints are few and trifling: 1. Turning radius is crazy-wide for a short wheelbase truck. 2. Turn signal sound drives me nuts! 3. Fuel mileage is tough. 4. Really noisy cab in a hard rain. I wish Nissan would offer this truck in a 3/4 ton diesel long bed with manual transmission... I'd be all over it.