2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Tire sensors/check engine soon
By jerkey on 12/29/08 16:31 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased / truck rides extremely well. Was surprised. Only problem with this truck is the tire sensors, if you change the tires you have to reset to have the light go out on dash. Mine is still lit. Another way to make you bring to dealership. Also engine service light comes on & stays on don't know why. Asked dealership people, they were mesmerized. I will write another review after I find out what is going on with these sensor lights?

Great Vehicle
By Jeff on 04/04/08 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and luxury combination of the Titan is unparallaled. The other major brands can not compete. The motor is solid. The frame is rigid, still handles great and is quiet in the cab. I like the sprayed in bed liner and the utility tie down tracks and the tailgate damper. The power outlet in the bed is also a great idea. The downfalls to this truck are the undersized brakes. It tends to warp rotors in about 20000 miles. I am also less than impressed with the tires and rims. The alloy rims have been a constant problem as of late due to the fact that the air is slowly leaking out around the bead of the tire. They should offer steel rims.

my truck
By fatty on 05/12/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy the truck very much and find it fully capabale of doing everything i want.

Real world report
By Titanster on 11/01/05 20:46 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned this truck for about a year I can say it is overall great. My real world gas mileage is 16.9mpg. and that is no typo. I drive the speed limit and don't stick my foot in it - love that exhaust note. A pickup truck is built primarily as a cargo hauler and I couldn't be happier with this function. Interior comfort is also first class - better seats than my wife's Lexus.

Thinking about a Titan ?
By S.J. on 03/16/05 15:30 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Titan is an 04 purchased 3/05 . I have about 1500 miles on this truck and have a few comments a buyer might be interested in. Performance is great . This truck gets it. Very quick and handles well. My first impression of the steering is that it takes more power to turn the steering wheel than my former ford or chevy truck. Brakes dirty up the front wheels with black dust.I have a rattle in the dash. Gas milage is about where I expected it. About 12 in town and about 15 or 16 on the hwy. The exaust noise is barly perceptable on the hwy .The radio quality of sound poor on FM but the sound quality of the cd player is great. Radio light reflect on rear glass through the rear view mirror.

Transmission Problems @ 15,000 miles
By Kim Isbell on 02/03/05 04:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved the exterior styling which is why I bought it. However, while going 40 mph one day, my bug deflector broke off and scratched and dented my hood. I only had it 6 weeks so I assumed it was a manufacturer's defect. But the manufacturer said since mine was an isolated case I would have to pay for the repairs myself! (Shoddy installation I assume!) Then, at 15,000 miles my transmission started locking up. It was in the shop 3 weeks because they had to send away for diagnostic equiptment from the manufacturer just to figure out the problem. It turned out to be a computerized glitch. I've never experienced so many problems with a new vehicle with such few miles before.

Excellent compitition for thr big three
By Mac on 01/23/05 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The big three have something to worry about. My 2005 Nissan Titan LE cost less than the same equiped Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-Series, or Dodge Ram Pickup and I feel it's a better built truck.