2005 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
85,000 and still going strong
By designbo1 on 11/21/14 07:32 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After 85,000 miles this truck still is going great. No major issues as of this writting, Can't understand why the truck commercials don't include TITAN.. guess they would make them laugh as this is one good truck. Though the style needs to be changed as they are getting a little dull in the looks, but still is a GREAT truck. No rattles, not one mechanical issue.

Pretty good truck
By nlambert182 on 02/05/14 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE FFV Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my truck with 130k miles on it. Truck is extremely powerful and fun to drive. It even sounds great with the stock exhaust. I like the interior layout. The only complaints are that the interior feels kind of cheap, the front struts are blown, and the rear axle seals leak. The axle seals and the struts are known issues with the Titan and Nissan refuses to acknowledge them as issues even with the thousands of complaints. Luckily my friend is a mechanic and is going to fix the issues cheaply. The struts are $70 each and the seals are only $10. Aside from those two issues it's excellent as a truck. We love it.

The wost truck suspension ever experienced!
By littletitan on 05/13/13 07:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the truck brand new in 2005. Start having big problem three years later. Bearings on both rear-wheels are broken which lead to oil leak and cost too expensive to repair ($450 for each side). A year after replaced both rear wheels' bearings, the rear wheel spring attachment to the body was broken due to rust and poor welding. Twelve months later, the bearing at the T bar nearby the trans. was broken and caused the oil leak, cost too $450 to repair. Then later, 2 backup sensors were out and were replaced. This truck was a biggest disappointment to me. I finally gave up on this truck and sold it in 2012. Nissan knew a bout this problem on all Nissan trucks but careless to recall.

Love my new TITAN
By 05titanse on 02/26/13 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just got this truck the end of last week with 36,000 miles on it , love great truck had 01 frontier with 202,000 miles on traded for titan love so far other then the MPG not use to that yet after drive v6 for the longest time, the RSS (rear sonar system) seems to have a flaw/ bad sencer in or in or somthing the dealer is gonna fix it only issue i see on it , hope to get the miles out this one like my frontier

Owned for 3 years
By mountainlifer on 01/28/13 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not someone who bought this truck a month ago and is about to gush about it's reliability (what's with those reviewers anyway?) Purchased this truck 3.5 years ago, have put 50k KM mountain town driving on it. Only issue I've run in to is warping brake rotors, easily solved with HD brakes. The paint is nothing to phone home about, but definitely not sub par. Hauls a sled like it's not even there and shreds the highway between Whis and Van as fast as you'd ever want to. Expected a lot, and it has exceeded my expectations. Design/Layout are my favorite as well. 6'6" box is awesome, but cab is still very spacious and overall truck is very nimble. America still makes a great truck.

Nissan won't warranty Known Axle Issue.
By brad100 on 01/02/13 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I took it in for brake service at about 56,000 miles and learned it had a leak in the rear axle seal on the passenger side. Nissan replaced the seal under warranty. I questioned if the axle was bad and was informed it was fine. 12,000 miles later it leaked again. This time I was informed of a Technical Bulletin stating the axle, bearing and seal should have been replaced as a unit. I complained all the way to Nissan Corporate and was informed they would not warranty it outside of the 60,000 mile warranty. Even though this was a pre existing problem and was not fixed right the first time. I will never buy another Nissan product because of this. They did not care!

great truck, lots of bed space!
By hiplainsdrftr on 06/20/12 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned 5 other pickups, titan is my favorite. I have owned for 14 months it had 42k when bought and now has 56k.I average 15.5 mpg.on a recent trip from SC to NJ i averaged 18.5. Great amount of room in the bed and i can fit my daughter w her car seat and 2 other adults in the cab. Handles great for a big truck, i traded a g35 in for it so i didnt know what to expect handling wise. my wife drives a qx56 w the same engine and it feels slow compared to my titan. Definitely reccomend a titan to anyone looking for a pickup truck.

Titan Impresses Thus Far
By kenitzer on 10/07/11 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our 05 Titan 4x4 3 mo. ago with 72K miles from a local used car lot. I looked at over 40 4x4 trucks and had trouble finding one that was well cared for and had reasonable mileage. When I saw this truck I was impressed, but some online reviews made me worry about quality and reliability. Since correcting a CEL issue and doing some minor deferred maintenance, it has been a great truck. We only use it for hauling and towing so it's not a daily driver - good thing at only 13 mpg. So far so good. We pulled a 12' UHaul trailer moving my son to OH a few wks ago and the trip was great. I am loving this truck more and more each day. I hope it provides years of reliable service.

Best truck I've ever owned
By here2there on 09/16/11 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my truck used with 36,000 miles from a dealership. This was my second Nissan product. Had a Frontier crew cab that was extremely reliable and was the reason I purchased another Nissan. Have had very good service when oil changes and recalls were performed. Another feather in the Nissan cap. Dealership performance is another reason I bought Nissan. This Titan is solid. I have hauled an economy car from SC to MI without any problems. Have pulled my 18 foot boat on the weekends and it's pulls like a dream. Use the Titan for many other projects and I can't see myself doing without it. Love the styling and always gets compliments. Neighbor bought one because he liked mine.

Best truck I ever owned
By cowpen1 on 08/13/11 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE FFV 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Titan new with the expectation that I would be driving it till it's dead. I just turned 100,000 miles, and can say in all honesty that it drives exactly like it did the day I bought it. It feels like it's just broken in. I read on the forums about the sub-par quality of the OEM brake rotors, so I had those replaced under TSB before I ever had a problem. Other than that, this truck has never been in the shop. I haven't had to replace a belt, bulb, switch, or anything else besides tires, wiper blades and oil (Mobil 1). I've had numerous Ford & Chevy trucks, but this Titan has them all beat hands down in every respect. I'm glad to know it's built in Mississippi.