2004 Nissan Titan 5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - No More F150's

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

XE Crew Cab Pickup (5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

No More F150's
By Stephen Hailey on

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I will make this simple. The interior is huge. I am 6'5" and fit in here easily with a grown man sitting behind me. The truck accelerates very quickly, shifts smooth and gets great gas mileage. The 6 disc changer delivers studio quality sound and the ride quality rivals most full size sedans. Also, road noise does not exist, it is quiet. Now for one important thing...price. I bought this truck $3500 cheaper than a comparably equipped Ford F150 supercrew. Ford has been #1 in my book and many others for years, but I firmly believe that it is time for a new leader.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. So far, I have am averaging 19.8 and have even reached 22 mpg in this truck and my odometer has not reached 2000 miles yet. My favorites include, leg room, acceleration and pure ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that stands out in my mind that I would improve on this truck is the space between the accelerator and the brake. I wear a size 14 and there is not a lot of room between the two pedals. Other than that, congratulations Nissan on a truck well researched and built.