Nissan made a Monster
By Jay on
2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I have owned many trucks and the Titan is the best thing going. The 08 Tundra and 04 and up F150 have a better towing weight but that's where it ends. The titan has a roomier back seat then the F150 and Crewmax, (Chevy is even close). I have the Deep Ocean Blue and get comments on the color continously. There were some recalls on the brakes and seatbelts on the back seat but fully covered by the dealorship so no big deal. The interior is basic, lots of plastic, but I have found an aftermarket dash kit that brings it up to date. I can not rave about the power this truck has to offer and the Dana 450 rear end is awsome. (replace the steel cover on the diffential) Nissan has created a monster
Favorite Features
The unmatched power. The roomy interior and head room, I'm 6'5'' and feel small. The comfort of the seats. I love the lines on the exterior, very bold and I catch Chevy owners staring at the redlights. This truck would pull a house down. I love the MP3 outlet. The throaty sound of the exhaust.
Suggested Improvements
Again, I'm 6'5'' and the rearview mirror creates a needless blindspot. I'd say fuel consumption but it's a truck not a car so I can live with the 16/18 mgp. It's not for me but perhaps a V6 model out there for those interested in fuel economy but I imagine it would only increase MPG to 18/20.