2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: I will buy another Titan

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

XE Crew Cab Pickup (5.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

I will buy another Titan
By Mike Harris on

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned my Titan for a year and a half I have recentley been doing some research for a new vechicle. After looking at a number of candidates and test driving some, I have come to the same conclustion as before, the Titan is best. I looked closely at the Honda Rigdeline (for its carlike ride), Jeep Rubicon(for its off-road capabilities) and the standard domestic trucks. Although each of the above vechicles had strong points they also had weak areas which disqualified them for me. The Titan I rated at least an 8 in the lowest catogory in this review and in most cases 9 or 10. I now have 80,000 miles on it and it is still the finest truck I have ever driven.

Drivetrain no question about it. I have over 80,000 miles and the engine does not burn any oil and more amazingly the exhaust tailpipe still looks brand new (no smut or oil residue). The ride and comfort of the interior is rated tops and above all it is a true 4 x 4 truck. Still no body rattles.

The 2 main areas of weakness are 1. The front rotors and brakes on the model I have started to warp and loose braking ability. The car dealership replaced the neccessary parts and everthing has been fine. I understand on later models that is fixed from the factory. 2. The 200 lbs tailgate rat1ng.