Used 2004 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great for the price
By Joe

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Beside the bolts on the tie rodes not tightened resulting in a trip back to the dealership and the light always going on for the low tire pressure, I really like this truck. The gas mileage is about 11.5 mpg which I don't think could get any worse. But it is a truck and it is very user-friendly and the ride is great.

Favorite Features

The power of the engine and the very smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Gear changer and radio conflict. The gear changer is in the way/radio should be moved. Reflection of lighting in back windows causes problems at night.

Tons of power 5.6 v8 Hemi Killer
By m4ck

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks and this Titan is the best truck I have owned to this day. Most powerful fun to drive vehicle I have ever had. Great for working or playing. Tows like a big dog and more interior room than my Dodge Ram Quadcab had. Very sporty truck.

Super Big Truck
By stanley e. brown

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The workmanship and quality of my 2004 Titan pickup is superb. It is by far the best truck that I have owned. I have owned 20 trucks so far in my life and I am 73 years old. I drive it up the mountain to our cabin every week end and it performs very well up and down. My mileage is nearly 16 miles per gallon in the city. That is using the air and regular gas. The performance on the Hiway is excellent and get nearly 23 mpg, traveling 70-75 mph using the AC. It has a very comfortable ride, even on long trips. Plenty of storage room for luggage and supplies when we go up to our cabin in the mtns. (7000 feet) Good performance in the cool weather, even when there is snow on the road.

Favorite Features

5 speed automatic transmission. Excellent AC unit here in Arizona. Excellent sound system with cd player.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield wiper control is too close to the shift lever. I have a tendency to move the windshield wiper control when I am trying to put it in gear. It is hard to read the digital mileage on the odomiter during the daytime.

Best 1/2 Ton Truck
By milleniamarv

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Ten months and 10.5K miles of ownership and best truck I have ever owned. Ain't perfect, brakes have problems (judder) but Nissan is stepping up to plate and covering any brake problems for a full three years and 36K miles on original brakes and replacing with newer rotors and pads to correct problem. If looking for a used one, try to find an '04 with tow pkg, since it included VDC (vehicle dynamic control) an option appreciated with a truck that has this much POWER! VDC is optioned with side air bags on the '05's. Both these options hard to come by, or not even available, on Chev, Ford, Dodge.

Favorite Features

Awesome engine (torque developed down low where it is usuable), and transmission, (5 speed tranny with extra low first gear), VDC to control this smile creating power, comfortable/heated/memory seats, utilitrac bed w/spray in bedliner, powerful styling that grows on you.

Suggested Improvements

Sure wish there was a 3/4 ton available.

Titan burly exhaust note
By Bob

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

As to the con: burly exhaust note, this is actually one of the best features. The titan sounds awesome. Unfortunately thats the only good I see. Titan has known issues with the brakes. Apparently they chose a rotor that the metal distorts and causes the rotors to warp and the steering wheel shakes really bad. I had them done first at 13k miles and again at 19k miles. The first fix they cut all 4 rotors, and now there is a horrendous noise in the front suspension, second time they replaced the fronts with the same thing that was on there before and again said they cut the rear rotors. The service manager told me to keep bringing it back. I dont want to keep bringing it back.

Favorite Features

burly exhaust note.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes.