2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Nissan Front Brake Issue
By mike on 04/10/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Nissan needs to fix this front brake problem that they say is only in So. Ca. and NY. This will be the second time for shutter in steering due to warped rotors from brakes overheating. I guess if it isn't fixed a third time I will review the lemon law in Ca. I know others who have been there 3 times for brakes.Front window problems.

2004 Nissan Problems
By Don Murphy on 04/06/05 14:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Trim. A few minor things but not too bad. The disc brakes on the front started vibrating at 5000 miles, have yet to take it in for that. Vibration in 4WD...normal?

TitanFun
By eman on 03/23/05 08:18 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan is an enjoy to drive and is a workhorse when hauling and caring stuff. I have hauled some really heavy stuff and it begged for more. My neighbor was really suprised when I picked a pallet of grass and the rear end didnt even squat even with back tires. He now wants one.

30,000 MILE REVIEW
By ClassAction on 03/15/05 15:36 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I paid $35,000 and i have 29,690 miles. I have owned it for 10 months. I dont have enough space to list all the problems so here is the most annoying. The transmition doesnt shift properly. Knocking noise from engine area at idle.While braking, the steering wheel shakes and brake pedal pulsates Replaced front brakes @ 19,000 miles and again at 26,000. 4 lo light remains on after vehicle is switched to 2 wheel drive.Low tire pressure sensor always on.The drivers window fails to come up intermittently when fully opened.Body squeaks and rattles.Rockford Fosgate radio volume goes up/down and radio doesnÂ’t receive FM well.Tailgate does not latch on right side.A/C making loud hissing noise.....

fun
By weislouie on 03/14/05 19:52 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

i own a drywall business and bought this truck for work. it will do the trick, but is much too nice for work.

Not bad so far
By tripps on 03/10/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've made a couple other posts on here. I've had my Titan SE for about 5 months now and still love it. It has some minor issues, but thats to be expected from a new model. Front brake rotors were underdesigned and a kit is coming out soon to replace them. My dealer has been great about taking care of problems. I've been in twice and rotors were cut and/ or replaced with no questions asked. There is also an issue with the front window switches. Both are on order and being covered by the warranty. Windows are sometimes stubborn to go back up. Other than a few rattles that really cant be heard with the radio on, I've very pleased and would recommend new buyers at least check it out.

No Country Machine
By SANSL on 03/07/05 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck is quite good. Power is great and cab size. The Utilitrac bed system looks better on paper than in real life. Radio replaced due to poor reception. Lots of rattles but dealer has taken care of them. Major problem is with tires. Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 265-70/R18 ar passenger rated and no- one elses makes them. Have had 4 flats in last year due to gravel road hazards. No one makes a light truck tire for this yet. Two tires ruined. Two weeks to order replacements and they had same problem. I don't travel cross csoutry without a 6th tire with me.

"Don't Believe The Hype"
By will on 02/18/05 21:51 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just wanted anyone that wants to know that this is by far the worst vehicle that you could buy. This truck has been one problem after another. The first major problem (the shifter locking up so that it won't shift past neutral and or out of park into drive) showed up 16 hours after I picked it up from the dealership; and by the way 7 months later it is still not fixed. Their has been a problem at least once a month. And don't even think of Nissan being any help either to you or the dealership. Half the time I called them and left messages about my file with customer service, they would even call me back. Two days ago I contacted the Better Business Bureau. PLEASE SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!

The Beast
By Elias60 on 02/14/05 13:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has all the attributes I was looking for. It handles great, has great off the line acceleration. It has turn heads good looks, the drive train is very smooth for a truck. The interior is laid out very well, theres lots of room for 5 people. The gas milage is a little low to what I was expecting. The Brakes aren't up to par to stop this big truck. This truck needs beefier brakes esspecially if your going to tow something.

Great but not perfect
By djfultoz on 02/06/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love to drive my Titan. Lots of performance and sounds great. Room for the family. Good value for the money. Had problems with the gas gauge and interior lights. The gas gauge problem was with the sending unit in the gas tank. The part was on back order and took 3 weeks to repair as I drove a Sentra rental provided by the dealer. Like the adjustable pedals and power driver's seat.....easy to get good driving position. I get a so-so 16 to 18 mpg without the big tow pkg or 4 wheel- drive. Overall, this is a very nice truck and like it MUCH more than my former 2001 Tundra.