2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
probably wouldn't purchase again.
By boise on 04/03/06 22:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 04 se titan 4x4 w/ big tow and off rd pkg new 1/05. fun truck and looks nice, but i dont think i would ever buy one if i had another go at it. Fun to drive as long as you turn off the traction control everytime you get in it. I've told many people it would be a great truck, if I bought it for my wife to drive the kids around in, but i'm not married so....I feel it's a very safe "street" vehicle. if you plan on going anywhere you might need 4wd, lock it in before it's needed. otherwise you might not get it to engage on demand. the mpg is not too good compared to alot of other trucks. I had to have the brake jutter kit installed. that did seem to take care of that issue.

I will buy another Titan
By Mike Harris on 04/02/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned my Titan for a year and a half I have recentley been doing some research for a new vechicle. After looking at a number of candidates and test driving some, I have come to the same conclustion as before, the Titan is best. I looked closely at the Honda Rigdeline (for its carlike ride), Jeep Rubicon(for its off-road capabilities) and the standard domestic trucks. Although each of the above vechicles had strong points they also had weak areas which disqualified them for me. The Titan I rated at least an 8 in the lowest catogory in this review and in most cases 9 or 10. I now have 80,000 miles on it and it is still the finest truck I have ever driven.

JT
By JTravis on 03/25/06 08:12 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

excellent truck, I do not regret making the choice. A titan is what I will purchase for the next purchase.

Love that Titan
By Craig on 03/22/06 06:35 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a Ford owner forever and have never found another fullsize truck that suited me other than the Ford till the Titan It has been a pleasure to own and the most fun truck i have ever had. In addition to that I recently had my first and hope last major accident and the Titan did just what it was supposed to. it crumpled where it should and didnt where it shouldnt. The air bag was like hitting a pillow. I wiped out a telephone pole dead center of the front and was able to drive it home then shop for a repair shop. Last but not least The Box frame is built in welded segments that allowed a proper repair with little to no bending of the existing frame. GREAT TRUCK

best truck you will ever drive
By ross bryan on 03/21/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. its fast, fun, powerful and reliable. every time i turn the key it starts right up. i will drive it until the doors fall off of it.

Titan problems
By wayne casey on 03/01/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Truck runs great. No problems on the highway. Had problem getting a electrical brake added to the truck. Company would not help at all with the electrical brake. Had to go to a after service to get the brake added. Own a 24 ft travel trailer, towes the trailer with ease. Had to have the brakes replace 3 times or until they got the proper roto for this vehicle. Great vehicle for offroad. I've got about 34,000 miles on this vehicle and have own the truck since July of 04.

the best truck
By ross ayala on 02/28/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

i think the titan is the best truck ive ever owned its cool looking it's a tuff truck and its powerful but it needs to come with a grill in the bottom of the front bumper. but its still a good truck.

redneckpapa`s new toy
By dale c. on 01/25/06 20:01 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

most awesome truck i have ever been in, and i have been in a lot of domestics that can not come close to this beast! NISSAN hit a grandslam.

Great power
By mike on 01/25/06 17:42 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall have been very happy with the truck. Great pickup power, strong handling. A couple of minor complaints with fit and finish but any issues Nissan has fixed under warranty. Only downside is the gas mileage. averaging 13.5 to 14 mpg.

Good Engine, Lots of Problems
By Brendan on 01/21/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck has a nice engine, and nice interior. It's very roomy and comfortable. I've had the vehicle in for service 20 times now with continuous problems. Several recalls on the vehicle and poor customer service. The stereo wouldn't pickup AM stations overtime and then would lose signal outright. It took over 7 times to get the stereo right and still they haven't put the proper face plate back onto the vehicle. Bottom line, nice engine and very comfortable, but very poorly built.