2004 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
new car review
By mark morrison on 08/21/05 06:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Like driving a 747 after 35 years of sedans. Enjoy the height and smooth road feel. Interior appointments first class...leather and all the toys, navigation and dvd, makes it a little expensive but.....

Aggressive Styling, Tons of Torque
By Get a real truck on 08/19/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck gets a lot of comments and looks when on the road. Really enjoy driving and hearing the exhaust note. Yes the ride is a little choppy but it is a 1/2 ton TRUCK, get over it. Go buy a sissy SUV if you want a quiet smooth drive. Only disappointments are the gas mileage and brakes which I have observed this stated in other reviews. I am on my third set of rotors and do not pull anything over 3500lbs. Of course GAS MIlEAGE is a major concern, only recourse is to keep the accelerator pedal off the floor! Recommend this truck against all others due to price and option packages. Just make sure to light up the tires once, way to much fun!

dealing with brakes
By greg taylor on 08/04/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

About every 6,000 miles expect front brake work. The first time, new pads, resurface rotors. Second time,new pads,new rotors, with explaination that all parts are not avail. Third time new pads, resurface rotors. Still no "parts" to correctlly fix. I suspect that in about 2,000 miles I'll be back again. Only this time I am going to make the dealer replace this vehicle under Florida's Lemon Law. Other than that it is a great truck

I love this truck!
By Randy on 08/03/05 04:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Almost 20,000 miles now. I leased this truck last May kind of as a birthday present to myself and have loved it ever since! It is my first truck, but I have driven many as I grew up on a farm. I love that it does have a more city look to it since I feel more like a city kid than a farm kid. My country inlaws joke about it coming from a cracker jack box, but quickly quiet down when they hear my engine roar as they eat my dust. My inlaws all have trucks, diesel dodges, v8 dodges, diesel fords, and my dad has a chevy duramax. My titan by far outperforms when it comes to sheer speed and handling. It also tows like a banshee for a v8. Hey dodge driver, do my taillights work? I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Great truck
By Teathlobster on 07/31/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for two years and have no complaints. I am going to sell and get a new one.

My Titan has Frontier Brakes
By Tom on 07/18/05 23:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My brakes are terrible. The dealer and Nissan have been trying to fix it since 3900 miles. Now, 4 months later and 5000 more miles, it is still not repaired. Nissan Consumer Affairs doesn't care about anyone. It took them 2.5 weeks just to call back and aclnowledge my problem and then they said that they cannot get any parts? They said that I will just have to wait! Not me, I am gonna dump this for something that can be repaired! I have also had tire troubles, squeaks and a new ceiling console. NISSAN better rethink this one! Best of luck to any other owners of the TITAN!

2004 Nissan Titan comments
By Bob Gilmore on 06/22/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Tough vehicle, I get lots of admirers. I think it has Ford, Chevy, and Toyota beat on the "macho" scale. This truck sucks down some gas! Had a problem with brakes which Nissan acknowledges with Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) NTB04-066. They did service to the truck but did not replace the rotors as the TSB recommends. Seems to be a temp fix which lasts about 4000 miles. Problem is vibration in steering wheel when pedal is depressed. I expect this problem to return every 4000 miles until they replace the rotors. The truck does stop fine and handles great. Lots of power and roomy cab.

By by ford
By flare out on 06/12/05 23:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall this truck is impressive. Very good off road. We use this truck in the oil & gas field and it is standing up better than any other truck i have used ( ford , dodge, gmc , chev ). The overall handling and power towing is great.

Titan Crew Cab
By Scott on 06/07/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in a Frontier Crew Cab on the Titan because I wanted more power and more interior room. The acceleration and handling of the Titan are great. Gas mileage is about what I would expect for a 5,300 pound truck. I've only had the truck for five months and I only have about 2,300 miles on the truck so far but alot of that was in mud and snow. So far I haven't had any problems with it. Personally I don't care for the loud exhaust noise - I don't need it to remind me that I have a 305 HP engine under the hood, but I've gotten used to it. Overall it's a great truck.

Best truck I had ever owned
By ROBERT HODGSON on 04/30/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My experience with this truck so far has been good,Problems found so far is the front passenger window will not go up if it is all the way down,and the front brake rotors had to be turned down.all is fixed and runs and performs outstanding.I had loaded this truck with so much fire wood and it did not even get me a problem with a heavy load,the truck did not even sag one bit. The gass mileage is not bad at all for the style of truck--I get 20 mpg highway 16 city-if you are heavy on the peddle expect 13mpg city or lower!!