Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Excellent Truck
By Gerryfd

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove Chevy trucks for seven years before buying this truck and now have 43,000 miles on it. The brake recall wasn't needed until I reached 35700 and Nissan had done one seatbelt recall. Overall, I am very satisified with this truck. I'm going to start pulling a 28 foot Hornet Hideout travel trailer I bought for vacations now but pretty sure this truck will handle it. I had Nissan installed a 2" lift, dual exhaust and K&N Intake in early 2006 and had this truck configured fully loaded when purchased. So far this truck hasn't caused me any problems, rides very smooth and am glad I bought it. I bought the iPod kit and installed it myself because the auxiliary feature wasn't loud enough

Utility bed package, tow package, ease of handling, outside cargo compartment, engine.

Lighted stereo controls on the steering wheel, dashboard style changed to eliminate vibrations along the windshield, locked glove compartment, locking fuel door with an access control button on the door or instrument panel, iPod interface option offered in configurations.

My Titan
By Everett Blakely

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got the cheap Titan, but it is by far fancier than other makes, for a basic. The looks are great and the room is just as great. The only thing that I wish was better was the gas mpg, but I have to remember, it is a titan. Thank goodness cruise control is standard equipment, because this truck really hauls.

Power and cabin room

Better mpg. Not so much plastic on dash.

Great truck
By Romiesmith

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My family and I love our Titan no problems

DVD, nav, heated seats, trip computer, cup holders,

The passenger seat is made for business use when it's folded down. Up it is only useable if your stopped. You can't even leave a note pad on it without it sliding off onto the floor. need a flat writing surface in cab.

Best Truck made in America
By rntshy

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

144K and running like a champ. Great at towing, super comfort, kids like the entertainment system, plenty of power.

ride and accelleration. Super dependable

sturdier bumpers

Nissan made a Monster
By Jay

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many trucks and the Titan is the best thing going. The 08 Tundra and 04 and up F150 have a better towing weight but that's where it ends. The titan has a roomier back seat then the F150 and Crewmax, (Chevy is even close). I have the Deep Ocean Blue and get comments on the color continously. There were some recalls on the brakes and seatbelts on the back seat but fully covered by the dealorship so no big deal. The interior is basic, lots of plastic, but I have found an aftermarket dash kit that brings it up to date. I can not rave about the power this truck has to offer and the Dana 450 rear end is awsome. (replace the steel cover on the diffential) Nissan has created a monster

The unmatched power. The roomy interior and head room, I'm 6'5'' and feel small. The comfort of the seats. I love the lines on the exterior, very bold and I catch Chevy owners staring at the redlights. This truck would pull a house down. I love the MP3 outlet. The throaty sound of the exhaust.

Again, I'm 6'5'' and the rearview mirror creates a needless blindspot. I'd say fuel consumption but it's a truck not a car so I can live with the 16/18 mgp. It's not for me but perhaps a V6 model out there for those interested in fuel economy but I imagine it would only increase MPG to 18/20.