Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Most Helpful|
Brakes warp
By jf

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I own a 6,300 lb travel trailor and I purchased my 2004 Nissan Titan just so I could pull it. It has no problem pulling, the problem is stopping. Everytime I pull this trailor the front rotors warp and the truck shakes really badly. I have had it worked on several times and Nissan is aware of the problem. They even told me that all of the Titans and the Armadas have this problem. They have not fixed it to date. I will never buy another Nissan product again because they know the problem and won't fix it. The regional sales director for Nissan in North Carolina last response to me was "Safe driving," which was very irritating.

Suggested Improvements

Make new rotors out of quality material.

My Titan has Frontier Brakes
By Tom

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My brakes are terrible. The dealer and Nissan have been trying to fix it since 3900 miles. Now, 4 months later and 5000 more miles, it is still not repaired. Nissan Consumer Affairs doesn't care about anyone. It took them 2.5 weeks just to call back and aclnowledge my problem and then they said that they cannot get any parts? They said that I will just have to wait! Not me, I am gonna dump this for something that can be repaired! I have also had tire troubles, squeaks and a new ceiling console. NISSAN better rethink this one! Best of luck to any other owners of the TITAN!

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Things are sometimes not as they seem!

Nissan Titanic
By Earth's Champ

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck 2 months later while driving to Missouri hit luggage off someones truck.RIPPED OUT THE DRIVE TRAIN,$2400 damage! Then while driving in FL got stuck in mud a FORD RANGER pulled me out. How EMBARRASSING is that? Plus horrible resale value 5 month old truck paid 27 now worth 18??? Don't get me wrong it tows great and is a great truck when not in the shop with parts on back order.

Favorite Features

Fun if you want to get 10 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Under-plating a must.The bag that broke my truck I can rip with my hands!!!

Problems with Vehicle
By Waterlogged

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bedliner bubbles, Water intrusion on passenger side interior after it rains which has caused entire interior MOLD issues, seats, carpet and more. Rain also causes doors to pour out water when opened. Rusting has appeared on front passenger tire as well as metal parts in the interior of the vehicle. Attempts to fix this have been unsuccessful.

Favorite Features

Due to the mold issues I no longer can drive this vehicle. Before that I enjoyed driving the truck. The interior cabin is roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Better spray in Liners, A/C system needs work so that other people do not have the same problems I have encountered. It is a horrible feeling to see my vehicle in such poor condition. Due to the Mold I will never get in the vehicle again nor will any of my family members due to health risk.

Wouldn't own another Nissan
By Rohr

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has numerous recalls. I had to replace the entire rearend because Nissan couldn't replace leaking rear axle seals. They replaced it with a rearend from a newer year. $2700. Fuse box went bad. $425. Never had that happen before. Have to press gas pedal to start it now. Nissan has no idea what's wrong. Interior light problems. Electric window problems. 4x4 sensor problems. Front seats falling apart.

Favorite Features

The day I get rid of it.

Suggested Improvements

Stick to making cars, even though I wouldn't buy a nissan car either.