2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Great power
By mike on 01/25/06 17:42 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall have been very happy with the truck. Great pickup power, strong handling. A couple of minor complaints with fit and finish but any issues Nissan has fixed under warranty. Only downside is the gas mileage. averaging 13.5 to 14 mpg.

Good Engine, Lots of Problems
By Brendan on 01/21/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck has a nice engine, and nice interior. It's very roomy and comfortable. I've had the vehicle in for service 20 times now with continuous problems. Several recalls on the vehicle and poor customer service. The stereo wouldn't pickup AM stations overtime and then would lose signal outright. It took over 7 times to get the stereo right and still they haven't put the proper face plate back onto the vehicle. Bottom line, nice engine and very comfortable, but very poorly built.

great truck
By creaseys on 01/18/06 04:06 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck, I think it is light years better than the competition. I have driven or owned all of them and it is truly the best.

A Nissan disappointment
By Ron on 12/24/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Problems since day one. Windows, door handles, horn, plastic body parts and more are poorly designed and don't function properly to this date 1 1/2 years later. Major drive train problem that Nissan can't or refuses to fix. Nissan denies there even is a problem. Svc mgr confirmed vibration at mid speed range. A warrantee is only as good as the issuer. In this case, no good. My advice, buy another make of truck.

Loving the best truck I've owned.
By Paul Zopfi on 12/23/05 14:18 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Really enjoying my purchase. Have about 38,000 miles with no problems except the brakes which were immediatelly replaced by Nissan. No problems with any thing else. I tow a 33' travel trailer with plenty of power to spare.

Awesome truck
By John Gundlach on 11/21/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one awesome truck. From the performance, engine, throaty exhaust or the looks you get on the street. The stereo rocks as does the DVD. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Best 1/2 ton available today
By JP on 11/08/05 21:13 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had mine for about a year now and bought it after driving everything in its class. The power sold me...one test drive was all it took. It's been an excellent tow vehicle and has been trouble free.

Drive it and you'll buy it
By RB's Titan on 11/01/05 17:55 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck. I was previous Toyota Tundra owner and Ford F150 before that so trucks are my choice vehicle. Have had no problems that stranded me in this truck and the dealer has made all warranty repairs in timely fashion. Being a first year and first release I can say that Nissan put in their time. Currently I have 28K and a few mods that have proven to out perform other makes and still maintain drivability.

Bought it for RV use
By larryk on 10/28/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the truck. Lots of power to pull a good size trailer in the half ton class. I have also used it with a 8' slide-in camper that is over weight. It handles it well but needs overloads and a stonger frame to reduce flex. Performance problem is surging under decleration at around 3000 rpm loaded or unloaded, Cruise or manual. Overall mpg is 13 with a max of 17. Would like better of course. Sometimes the seat & mirror memory system act peculiar but shut down and start over and it comes up OK. When I lost my lug nut key, the dealerships (3) wouldn't remove or let me remove the locks from my other wheels without a charge even tho I paid for and ordered a replacement key. Bad policy.

Touting Titan
By goesto11 on 10/26/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall outstanding truck. Many thoughtful features from the Nissan engineers, with great attention to the details (power in truckbed, spray in liner, UTILITRACK!). Comfortable on long and short trips. Much better build than my previous GMC half ton. This is a solid truck that will serve you well on the job site or in suburbia. Dislikes...the radio tuner is awful, with the FM radio freq's sounding like they are almost underwater. CD player is fine. The radio also has an aux in for us iPod/MP3 users which is very helpful. 18" Goodyears will require financing to replace. Also be advised that this beast will not fit in a standard size garage door opening without folding in mirrors.