Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

nissan titan
By pbk

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

very easy todrive long distance

My Speed Machine
By cdmoore04

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The titan by far is superior in size, power and room when you campare it to similar trucks and sport cars. I love everthing about the vehicle but I had to get use to using roll up windows and making sure the doors are locked (XE's do not come with power windows and door locks and I did not want to get carried away with options). The best part about this vehicle is its power and some people think the vehicle is so expensive from the looks. I was able to upgrade from my 99 Sentra to this beast for $48 dollars more a month ($328 over invoice and 2% financing helps alot). But with gas so dang high I can not travel freely without thinking about that low MPG.

Favorite Features

The engine, front cabin space, price and size. I am noticed more in this vehicle than any of my previous cars. Beats the competition in many areas. Actually got it to fit in my garage with one inch to spare (I am serious).

Suggested Improvements

Add power windows and door locks as stardard equipment on XE. Due to the gas milage I cannot drive this truck as often as I would like. People still think it's a six instead of 8 (what do you expect from the big 3 lovers).

A little disappointed with this truck
By stonemedal

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The truck looks nice, rides nice, but two things are driving me crazy.....when the A/C is on low it sounds like someone is breathing with an iron lung under my dashboard. The second thing, when driving at 55, the exhaust note is annoying, too loud and constant. I wonder if anyone out there is experiencing that?

Favorite Features

305 hp, color (smoke)

Suggested Improvements

I don't like automatics....need a 5 speed. Needs a quieter exhaust a high speeds and quiter A/C. I don't know if I am going to keep this truck

Lives up to everything you hear
By johnthomasc3

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I paid $33,500 for this vehicle that included the off road and big tow package. I also have the floormats and the splashguards. Included in this price was the extended warranty (about $1,000). I also got the $1,000 rebate. The Titan is a big truck. It is so tall that I am going to have to come up with some clever way to wash it. I fell in love with this truck because of the billet grill that was on it as an extra. (they wanted an additional $500 for this, but I didn't even figure this in when I came up with my price).

Favorite Features

The Intelli-Track is very clever. The interior is fantastic. The seats adjust to a great comfort level and you can sit very high. Many compartments is very nice. The back seat with the seat folded up gives you tons of room in the back.

5.6 Liter Hemi Eater
By AdamSibille

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this truck now for a few months and have turned heads since purchasing. The vehicle is by far the best driving truck on the market. The smooth ride and low road noise make this a great buy for everyone. Eventhough it has low road noise, it still has exceptional power when you need it. Plenty of room for the whole family seating six comfortably.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the six disc cd changer, the 305hp engine, and ease of getting into the back seat. Also for more storage, the back seat can fold up or down whenever needed.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement i would add to this vehicle is that it come with a spray in bedliner.