Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Best 1/2 ton on the market
By Jason Kertianis

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a car guy who used to veiw trucks as tools. Not anymore, this is a great all around vehicle. The drivetrain is amazing. Nissan really paid attention to the details. The longer I own it, the more I love it.

The drivetrain. Utility bed package. Big tow package. Interrior room on the crew cab.

More flexibility with the options. Many are packaged together, or only available on certain trim levels. I think the LE should be available with the bench seat.

Hemi Eater
By MLBUMP

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best truck you can buy for your money hands down! I test drove all other competetors and they didn't come close to Titan's standards at all. The power is unbeliveable! I have dragged against both Ford and Dodge. No contest! Nissan has done an outstanding job on exterior design. Just looking at this thing sends shivers down the spines of Ford and Dodge owners. Interior design is well thought out and functional. I'ts very simple but the dash isn't supposed to win you over. It was love at first drive. The sound of the exhaust note and the responsiveness of the engine make this a must for anyone who knows trucks.

Throaty exhaust note, tons of interior space, 9,500 lbs. towing capacity, nifty interior touches and exterior design. Can't list my favorites with only 300 characters.

This truck is a well-built machine that I can't see improving on in any way shape or form. Good job Nissan!!

No More Chevy Silverado's
By Jerryd

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Nissan Titan was definitely my truck of choice. I've driven nothing but Chevy Silverado's 4x2 the last seven years and this beats Chevy hands down in overall performance. My wife normally didn't drive my Silverado's but she is always eager to drive my Titan. I hope Nissan continues with reliability,improvements and maintenance for the Titan in 2005 and beyond. I own the Smoke SE 4x4 model with Power Captain Chairs, Off Road Package and Utility package.

Spacious interior,instrument panel, overhead console, utility bed rails, lockable tailgate, 4x4 clearance, rear radio controls, SE fabric material and design, storage box

Lighted steering wheel control buttons, lockable fuel filler door, power controls for passenger seat,lockable glove compartment, button dimming control resets each time truck is started.

Solid Truck
By DRARLT

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall the Titan is a solid truck. We have the Big Tow and average about 13.5 with the first 2 tanks. Interior plastic is cheap feeling. Seats and comfort is excellent. CC is very roomy. Exterior is excellent, the truck is a looker. I have yet to tow anything heavy. With the power underhood, heavy loads should not be much of a problem!

Power, Power, Power, Comfort of CC, Looks

Need work improving plastic dash and overhead bins. I also hear brakes can be a problem. Possible recall?

Gas mileage Stinks
By william b. paatrick

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

okay, the titan is fun to drive and the exterior design is snazzy but the gas mileage stinks. You can't keep gas in it! If I had it to do over again, I would not purchase the titan truck. I recommend you wait and buy the new 2005 Frontier which is coming out in Dec 2004. I'm serious you can't keep gas in the titan. deac

The doors on the King cab.

Better gas mileaage