2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Lemon
By Oktex on 05/29/07 02:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought Truck New in 2004. Have had water leaking in problems for over 2 years and run around from Nissan. Engine Power is Great. Build Quality is bad. Water leaks in. Rear Diff clunks. Plastic interior coming apart. Radio/Cruse steering wheel controls crooked.

Titan
By DMS on 04/19/07 11:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Other than typical problems, it has been good to me and I am hard on vehicles.

A Beast
By gioadam on 03/03/07 20:24 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, and fun to drive. Have not had a single problem with mine ( knock on wood) Can't miss with this one.

Nissan Titan SE 4 dr SWB
By Eric V. on 02/19/07 16:59 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and now Nissan. By far the Nissan Titan out performs in all aspects of what a truck should be. I've compared all others in it's class, and nothing comes close to the Titan. I've been more than happy with the truck since I've owned it and would recommend the truck to anyone who would like a great truck.

Disappointing
By DDiehl on 02/18/07 20:44 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first and, unfortunately, last Titan. I was immediately drawn to it due to its looks, power, and roomy back seat (no one comes close to 2nd row seat). The front bucket seats are extremely comfortable, especially for long trips, and the initial fit and finish of the interior is great. I tow a lot during the summer and it pulls effortlessly and handles well. But I have had nothing but problems. First, they had a shimmer/shake brake issue that was recalled, but just a "quick fix" performed (ground down rotors, which eventually warped). There are so many squeaks and rattles in and behind the dash it's almost maddening. Very cheap lock mechanism on outside storage compartment.

Benchmark worthy
By jrs on 12/29/06 21:13 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is no wonder the new silverado and tundra have been given monster torque and hp, because in 04 nissan set a new benchmark for power and performance in its debut truck. Interior build is the only drawback. A few things are going to be a little off, wear poorly (my visors sag, and the paint comes off with wear on the door handle). Putting the rubber to the road, you will feel like you are in a 90's chevy z-71... if that truck had a huge interior that doubles as your office on the road (i landscape for extra cash). Steering is tight, driving is fun, mileage is the same as the new f-150. I would buy this truck again every time, and it has better base features.

Can't wait for the new model
By TITIAN LOVER on 12/10/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, lots of power, best space for a crew cab. No other crew cab truck came close to the interior space the titian has. I had a few problems with the truck, but all new vehicles have a few bugs when they first come out. The dealership has replaced all my rotors and brake pads, my center rear seat belt, differential cover because the 2004 models have the steal covers not the aluminum, (the aluminum one is on the 2005 and present models, slotted, so better for heat, and comes with synthetic differential oil) and my rear tweeters. Overall great truck

real review
By oaks on 12/01/06 14:22 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

fairly solid and quiet vehicle. plenty of power and torque. both exterior and interior lighting is excellent. I have not had any brake component problems...yet. Test drove all others available and by far the titan out- performs.

Best Truck ON The Market
By shoppy on 11/20/06 08:29 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have sold nissan's for five years. It took me awhile to come to grips on getting a payment, but I did it. This truck is worth every penny and more. Nissan has quality and horse power over the competition period... If you want gas mileage buy a sentra or civic. If you want a truck buy Nissan. I leased mine thru my company D&M Leasing and have a great payment and the perfect truck. Would recommend D&M and NIssan to anyone.

Never Buy Nissan Titan
By Robert Harrison on 11/17/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After approx.6,000 miles truck would shake at 50 mph. Dealer replaced all 4 tires and rims which helped. Very poor gas mileage(14/16) hwy and 10/12 city.